Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good place to launch if trying to land mahi out of a yak? Trying to plan a little trip for later in the year. Don't mind going out a bit but not too keen on much more than 10miles out 馃槀

Registered
Wow haha...

So on a serious note...you aren't going to target mahi from a yak. Just have a pitch rod ready in case you come across a bait line, floating object, or happen to spot some...most likely they will be chicken dolphin, atill fun to catch and good to eat. Don't get your feelings hurt if you dont catch mahi every trip on the yak tho...

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Wow haha...

So on a serious note...you aren't going to target mahi from a yak. Just have a pitch rod ready in case you come across a bait line, floating object, or happen to spot some...most likely they will be chicken dolphin, atill fun to catch and good to eat. Don't get your feelings hurt if you dont catch mahi every trip on the yak tho...
  1. Well the yaks I'm getting soon are driven by a 17.5hp jetski built in motor and go about 27mph, and have a range of about 40 miles and I can pack extra gas. I feel like I have a chance of effectively targeting them with some help lol

Registered
I dont understand why you needed to ask where to launch from then since you're telling us you have a souped up jon boat with scuppers...launch from any boat ramp near the Gulf of Mexico

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I dont understand why you needed to ask where to launch from then since you're telling us you have a souped up jon boat with scuppers...launch from any boat ramp near the Gulf of Mexico
Mainly because despite mobility, it's still a 12ft kayak and I've never really targeted anything besides inshore. Just wanna make sure I don't go further off than I need to, I can get out there faster but it doesn't make it a bay boat 馃槀

1 - 9 of 9 Posts