Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come join us for our monthly kayak fishing trip. This Sat we're going to meet at Burnt Mill Creek at 7:00 am You can swing by Sunjammers and pick up live shrimp, fish-on lures, or what ever elseyou need to catch trout and reds. Even if you don't have a kayak you can join us, Brad has kayaks for rent. This would be a great event to join us in if you're thinking of getting into kayak fishing but would like to go with some other people.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
7:00?!!! You guys are missing the sunrise topwater bite! Not that it's that great this time of year with the low temps but...

I'm looking forward to a report. Good luck,

Alex

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think people will get there at all different times - you can go either way then swing back by the launch... I personally am thinking of fishing the steam plant, but I think it's pretty far in a kayak

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Its 3.5 miles from the launch Linda...nothing for a hobie...but if the north wind picks up mid-day it can make for a tough ride back to the launch. If the winds are low me and Tim will go most likely but we like to get there @5 or 530...its great that you guys wont be showing up until 7 ;)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't decide onthe time...I wish it would count towards kayak wars though - 2 days early, but Brad was on tv talking about it though, so we couldn't change the date

really 3.5 miles? I was thinking like 2. hmmm I don't know if I can do that yet, I've been sitting in a lazychair for a month healing from surgery.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet.. I fished there twice and neither were great conditions, but I could see the potential for sure. I can't wait to go when the water is clearer and the fish are biting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts