Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions on some easy spots to launch a kayak in the bay or sound? I typically launch from Postal Point on Eglin or from the Maxwell Rec area next to Mid-bay Bridge. I'm stationed at Eglin and am looking for somewhere to go when I get off for some evening fishing. I'm new to the area and looking for some new spots. Thanks,

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Prelude13 I fish the FWB area all the time. If you want to fish the sound you can put in in many places. Try the landing in FWB there is an actual boat ramp there to put in. Also the foot of the brooks bridge is easy access to the water. There is a really nice park on the island side with plenty of parking and really nice boat ramps. Yes I know ramps aren't required for us Yakers but its still easy to use them. There is liza Jackson park down towards Mary Esther too.

·
War Damn Eagle
372 Posts
Check out. Google earth. The grass flats around eglin are awesome and are a pain to get to unless you can launch off eglin. I used to wade some around jack lake and bens lake. Lots of trout and reds around there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts