Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to kayak fishing and I'm looking to go fish the area around the miss Louise.
i was wondering if anyone fishes that area?
i was also wondering where do you launch from to fish that area?
thank you for all the help

·
Registered
386 Posts
That spot gets hammered by anyone with a fishing pole who can make it to it as well as the tourist snorkel and scuba boats. There are SOME fish there but this time of year it's gonna be a madhouse and you'll need a FF to find it because the GPS coords I've found online are inaccurate. Might as well paddle to some of the numbers in Sand Flea/Urchin reefs if you're going to be in that area with a FF.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the advice i might try the area south of henderson park then i don't have a fish finder yet

·
Doc Holiday
49 Posts
You need a fish finder to go deep like that. off the reef by a couple feet? you wont catch squat.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I think you'll be fine if you can really chum them up, they swim in schools around the wreck, if you can attract a couple you can attract most of them

·
Registered
671 Posts
You can launch from the park at the Crab Trap restaurant or down towards the Henderson Inn at the Shirah Street pubilc access. Get there really early or late for parking spots.

·
Porterdog
6 Posts
The street access is the easiest one I found. Shortest distance to the water and least incline when getting back to the parking lot. I'm 58 so that's the most important for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts