Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Brandonshobie (3/31/2010)Looking for some feed back for my website for my new kayak charter business http://www.ebkfish.com/

I would like to thank everyone who gave me support to get this up and going. Thanks guys!!!
I would reccommend concetrating on some photography this season of any customers with smiles and try hard to get good pics of your trophies....once you release them there is nothing better than a great photo to help you remember the moment. Could spruce up the site too! Im gonna try to get better with pictures and photography too.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Been making a living from the internet since 1998 with my mailorder websites.

Your site and setup is impressive. It is simple, direct and to the point. Your categories are perfect. Pictures tell the 1,000 words and the overall site says comon and sign up and do a charter. Hopefully you haveall your meta/head tags lined up for search engine performance. Far better to have them find you than having to give someone a card one at a time to find you. If you do key word advetising, I would target the deep south up to Atlanta area and other deep south cities. You can probably get $100 worth of free ads on google alone just looking for it on a search for "free key word advertising". Get that ball rolling and the butterflies out on the first few charters.

You did very well launching your well kept secret. Funny how the last few days I was thinking again about kayak charters and wondering when someone was going to start doing it.

As Pistachio Disguisey said often in the movie "The Master of Disguise"....."It just might work"

·
Registered
879 Posts
Besides stealing my idea, it looks great. As Tex said, this has been lacking in the area. I hope business booms!

·
Registered
363 Posts
site looks great, great idea and best of luck.

i think your single person rate could be at least $50 higher and your additional person rate should be lower, with the third person even lower still, especially on 6 hour trips.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PBTH (3/31/2010)Besides stealing my idea, it looks great. As Tex said, this has been lacking in the area. I hope business booms!
Well it's not a new idea people have been doing this around florida for awhile just not in this area and not on hobie kayaks. Thanks for the kind words Tex's!

It was not a fun time getting business lic, insuranceand etc. I would not want to do it all over again thats for sure.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yeah, I know Brandon, I just mean for this area. That's exactly what was holding me back, getting licensed. I truly hope it will be worth the effort, I think it will. You're offering something that no one else is, in a perfect area for it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Brandon,

Website looks awesome. Not to busy and great photos. May want to consider adding a page with your latest fishing reports to add some additional interest and let people know what's biting.

Good luck

Greg

·
Registered
753 Posts
Brandon,

I think that youcame up with a good design of your website and will be a definite asset for you if you can get the tourists from the Deep South to it so they can see there is something exciting and different to do when they vacation in the Destin area this year.

I am really excited for you and know you will do well! You are without a doubt one of the best kayak fishermen around andbegan kayak fishing here before most of us knew it existed. The fact that you are currently at the top spot in the national Kayak Wars tournament should show potential clients that not only are you skilled, but you are licenced in a prime location and you know where the hot spots are. (All of the current top 5 anglers in KW have fished in the area where you will be taking your clients!)

Now that I havetried aHobie, I can see that your kayaks will be a definite selling point for tourists because they are more stable and less work to get to the fish, among other advantages.I know that you have invested a lot of time and money towards a quality kayak fishing charter business, andI think we all want to see you sucessfully get lots of people hookedon thisgreat sport! :letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
292 Posts
lol, I think it was a good idea to show flat water in the background and not huge crashing waves. Your site is every bit as good as any other charter site I have seen.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Brandon,

Very nice. I will definitely recommend you the next time someone asks me about fishing charters in the area.

Good luck,

Alex

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have been visiting this site and reading the posts for a year now and want to get into kayak fishing. I am also interested in purchasing a Hobie Kayak. I have been reluctant to invest the money and find that I may not enjoy fishing from a kayak. Therefore this charter business will provide me the opportunity to try kayak fishing from a Hobie at a reasonable cost.. I will be contacting you to go out within the next month.

Good Luck

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am new to kayak fishing and think your site is great.

Will you offer an option of bringing your own gear (kayak, rods, ...) and show/teach the basics of kayak fishing?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts