Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that given our location most folks here fish the salt water pretty hard, but do any of yall fish the ponds or rivers around here for bass and the like? i have always fished freshwater and been restricted to a bank, i just picked up my first kayak and after taking it out to a pond on eglin i realized there are some things i need to learn. So if any of yall wanna get together sometime and fish let me know!

Roll Tide

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one thing i learned from my first outing is the wind is kept pushing me in to the banks. i would paddle out to the middle of the pond start to fish a bit and next thing i know im up in some over hanging trees. how do i negate this? anchoring? is the 3lb claw anchor a good choice? i have seen the zip tie trick to be able to get it to release easily so im thinking of going that route.

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
I have a Hobie. Foot peddles make all the difference. A squeeze clamp on a rope would make for a good way to tie up to branches and stuff. On windy days (and when trying to pull a bass out of cover), an anchor is important.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
I fish in small lakes and ponds in Arkansas for bass, crappie and bream and love it. I use the same 3# claw anchor. I've used it in a couple streams with good results.

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Fly fishing with top water poppers for bass from a kayak. To me, that is the best day you can have freshwater fishing.

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Kenton said:
Fly fishing with top water poppers for bass from a kayak. To me, that is the best day you can have freshwater fishing.
No sir...the BEST day you can have freshwater fishing takes place during the 'cracker spawn in Marianna!

ForumRunner_20131223_143434.jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,115 Posts
Me and Logan will be hitting up the lakes when it warms up....Yak, this year we'll make a trip!!!

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
I'm planning on making a short-notice short trip towards the end of march, depending on weather...warmth. I'll let you know Jason, maybe we can hook up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts