Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Hobie PA and am looking for a solution to keeping bait alive throughout the day. Right now I've only been fishing inshore and typically catch my bait as I need it on the spot, but I'm looking to start heading offshore in the spring and want something I can transport and keep bait alive in. I've seen the Hobie livewell but don't really want to drop $300+ on a solution. Anyone have a suggestion for a solution that will keep the bait aerated and cool during the summer heat waves? Thanks,

·
Registered
140 Posts
My brother in law and I made ours for about 75 bucks...(maybe less including battery, hardware and pump) You are more than welcome to come on by and take a look at ours, so that you can draw your own ideas. If you like what we have and need help, we can help you build it.

Let me know..
Willie

·
Registered
221 Posts
7 gallon gatorade cooler with a 12 volt bubbler is what we use for Bluebacks in the summer time. Bait tubes get too hot in the summmer on the lake and you can't pullin the surface water because it's too hot. Granted, it's a bit overkill offshore, but I can keep 3 dozen medium mullet or 3 dozen pinfish in it all day long, no issues. That means I can net my bait in Eastern Lake in 30 mins in the morning and not have to worry about bait unless I want hard tails or cigs as well.

This is a tank my buddy built with a d-batter bubbler attached that's based on the gatorade cooler.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/dave11071/baittank001.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts