Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at aline of Kayaks tostock and sell from my store in Pensacola.

What are your favorite styles/types, pics if you havethem, and what type of accessories do you recommend?

Bay Pirate

·
Registered
398 Posts
There are only a few makes that I would consider and all of them, except maybe Malibu & Cobra, have local dealers already. How they define their territories is unknown to me. THe brands are:

Hobie (Local Dealer is Kirk Newkirk at Key sailing)
Wilderness Systems (Pensacola Kayak and Sail)
Ocean Kayak (Academy, Pensacola Kayak & Sail)
Malibu Kayaks (unknown dealer but no shops that I know of)
Cobra Kayaks (unknown dealer)

Good luck.

Ted

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an opportunity with what looks like an incredible full line offering with all the accessories to go with it, rod holers, storage, ocean and back water design.I am just hoping that i can receive some feedback/pics here on your favorite models, styles and needs.

it will help me sort thru the line and narrow it down. I will of course offer discounts and persoanl service to forum members if i go thru with this deal.

I've got plenty of warehouse space to stock the yaks, and agreat location to sell them from on Fairfield Dr across from Town and Country plaza. been there for 15+ years!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Bay Pirate - Ted is correct about the local dealers. We have an active kayak fishing club here in Pensacola - you could post your questions on our site and get some very good feedback. We would be happy to help you with that business decision.

For info - the most popular line of kayaks - designed for fishing - in our club, which mirrors the trends nationwide, are Ocean Kayak, Wilderness Systems and Hobie.All have local dealers as Ted has mentioned. Heritage has a subsidiary, Native Watercraft, that is making some very interesting designs. They aremarketed through Pensacola Kayak and Sail. Malibu, Emotionand Cobra are also good manufacturers but are not represented here as far as I know. Let us know if you need any info...

www.gulfcoastkayakfishing.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts