Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Food Ingredient Outdoor grill rack & topper Recipe Animal product

Food Kitchen appliance Ingredient Outdoor grill rack & topper Charcoal

Made a quick kalbi marinade but used kiwi vs my usual pear. Marinated overnight and for the chicken was way to long. Meat was like jello and mushy before I even threw it on the grill. Flavor wise they tasted great but it will be 4 hour marinade for the chicken next time. Now the beef ribs were excellent super tender. Kiwi is like a supercharged meat tenderizer.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And for entertainment purposes. Bear cam I saw posted today here in navarre. Have volume on

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
yep, kiwi is a good meat tenderizer. i think all meat tenderizer powder is papaya. i've tried it before and it makes the meat taste mealy..
jack

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, kiwi is a good meat tenderizer. i think all meat tenderizer powder is papaya. i've tried it before and it makes the meat taste mealy..
jack
totally agree, chicken sucked super mushy, but beef ribs were great, but like you said the more I ate them the outside was sorta mealy. It could be because you mentioned it though and it was stuck in my head🤣. Won’t be using kiwi again unless it’s in a 1 or 2 hour marinade. never would have imagined the tenderizing power of that small fruit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts