Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have all the details but we have been very anxiously waiting for the MRI results they did for Chandler after he underwent the 36 treatments of a different type of radiation.

My wife and I were inside Winn DIxie when our daughter called and my wife somewhat briefed me of what our daughter was telling her on her cell phone. We just left our shopping cart inside the store and went to the truck. To the best of what I have heard, Chandler now has develpoed what the Dr. Smith is calling Metastaic Thorasic Disease in his spine.

I have had to work throughout all the holidays and my wife stepped up to the plate and did the cooking this year so all the family could come over and have felloship and a great meal together. Chandler got to come over, but I'm still trying to be very optomistic about the whole situation and I have to say that we all noticed a great change in how his overall general appearance looked.

The findings from Dr. Smith of the MRI our daughter said are being sent to Dr. Amy Smith in Gainsville to get another set of eyes on the results and a biopsy may be upcoming. I tried to do my own research of what the diagnosis meant and either I clicked on the wrong link or what I found is accurate. We asked our other daughter to try and research it and she called us back and somewhat agreed with my findings.

I have to apologize for being busy these holidays this year and not being logged on as often as I like to check in with everyone, but I guess I just wanted to ask if there could be a few more prayers sent Chandler's way because what I found on researching the latest results, aren't looking very favorable for the outcome.

I am suppose to hear more very soon and I can share that as well, but I sure am praying this will turn itself around and start regressing. All of the 7 tumors did not change in size, they remained the same, no shrinking. They made the comment at his appointment they thought his speech was slurred and his left eye has gotten worse. He has a tumor behind the left eye.

I don't want to bum anyone out, I just need to share this with someone so I don't keep this bottled up inside. Its working me and our family pretty hard right now and I am trying to be there and strong for them. God bless all of you and please know that we have appreciated all of your prayers and support.

Thanks again all,

Chris

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
God Bless Chandler, You and Your Family.

Chandler and Your Family have all my very best wishes and Prayersfor the Best of Everything in 2010.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Praying for Chandler and praying for strength, peace, and comfort for your entire family. Also praying that God will guide the doctors and nurses as they care for Chandler.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Chris hang in there you know I have Chandler and the whole family in my Thoughts and Prayers!!!!!:angel:angel

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Chris..This is very odd that you posted this update yesterday. I was communicating with a member through a PM and I happened to mention you. I'd been wondering about Chandlers progress.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Ron, I haven't really figured out how I feel about the MRI results. It seems like just when we all were somewhat making it through the paces, we got another "bad" setback. I try really hard to live by my faith and I am not at all doubting it, I'm just needing a little more on the strength side. I hope all is going well for you guys and I greatly respect all the wisdom and advice you've always had for me and my family.

Thank all of you for all your prayers and I know God has his hand on Chandler right now and just may be simply calling him home. Thats my optomistic side of me thinking. Chandler at some point has to be able to have some quality of life. He so badly wanted them to remove his port when they went this last visit, but the Dr. said that removing his port is the very least of their worries at this point.

We are suppose to hear more next Monday when Dr. Amy Smith in Gainsville reviews the MRI results. They said she may want to biopsy what they found.

Once again,

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey Chris. Prayers sent for Chandler and your family. Please let us know what youfind with the new tests. I'll try to keep in touch better. Drop me a PM if you ever need to!!

Jeff

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys. Got your PM too Jeff, all the prayers we can get right now is what its gonna take. Our daughter just got back from Chandler having his bone scan and they have a Lymphnode(sp?) in his spine also they want to do surgery on and biopsy. Plus, his left eye turning inward, now they are wanting to do surgery on the tumor behind it and try to correct his eye turning inward and maybe address the tumor, I don't have specifics if it can be removed as of now, all they have been doing for it so far is Radiation and Chemo.. Once we think we've heard the scoop, we keep getting the news handed to us like knocking a person's feet out from under them. I want all on the forum to know that I have been very, very blessed to have all of your prayers lifted up for Chandler and you have actually become my family and friends for me to vent and let this off my mind every now and then. Please let me know if my updates on our grandson Chandler offend anyone or make anyone feel uncomfortable and I will refrain from doing so. Tough top of the year for us and I do not whatsoever want to bring any of you guys down. Hope all is going great for all of you and please know that I do thank you very much!

God Bless!

Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts