Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P align=left>this is the free boat i picked up the other day. its 1978 collins craft, 15 ft. 5 inches. transom is rotten, stringers and deck were removed sometime in the past and there are not too many fiberglass issues externally. plans are to simply put it back together hopefully better than it was before. i would like to see a nice wood plank deck with as muchdeck space as possible, fresh gelcoat all around, and a motor which is yet to be sourced (i.e., I'm looking for a nice 40-60 horse) keep tabs if interested!!<P align=left>
<P align=center><P align=left>
<P align=left>
<P align=left>
<P align=left>
<P align=left>
<P align=center>

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1997 honda 50HP on a 17' aluminum basstracker I will sell. Boat motor and trailer for $2000.00. Can send pictures if interested.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I recently bought a 16' War Eagle. It's an aluminum all welded duck hunting / fishing rig. It has a 40hp Nissan. It's a great motor.

Touch the key and it starts no matter what the temp. outside.You don't have to choke. Quiet and strong.

Think like a fish even if it gets a little weird!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I won't sell the motorseparate for any less money. If you want just the motor, I will sell it but still want $2000.00 because that's what the motor and controls are worth.

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, but i dont need another boat sitting in the driveway, 2 is enough!

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
After you get the title squared away. I'd get that hull off of those jackstand's for a couple of reasons.

1] They are way to high to be climbing in and out of the hull. 2] The stringers were originally put in the boat while it was still in the mold. This gave the hull good support while it had little backbone to it.

It needs to be on a cradle to give good support and keep it in correct shape. It could conceivably be distorted out of shape and if you put the stringers in in that condition it will be permanently out of shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts