Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the woods about 230 started raining about 330. just about had all i could handle at520 a big nanny walk out. it was a dead deer walking that is till that ding branch jump out in front of my arrow:doh:banghead. still look for my frist bow kill

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
don't fret it will come, just spend time in the woods and it will happen. And congrats on the first limb killed.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Beats sitting on the couch! Even when you cut shooting lanes those deer seem to have a knack for walking in the wrong way. I hit a twig once and it deflectedmy arrow and it centered a nice pine about 10 feet off the ground. I moved my stand to that tree without realizing it a couple ofyears laterand just unscrewed the shaft from the arrow.:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
simpleman (10/21/2007)went to the woods about 230 started raining about 330. just about had all i could handle at520 a big nanny walk out. it was a dead deer walking that is till that ding branch jump out in front of my arrow:doh:banghead. still look for my frist bow kill
Tough luck:banghead However I can promise it will not be the last. I have been hunting as long as can remember and still harvest a good pine or oak from time to time. This year's talley for bow season 0 deer and 2 river birch. In my defense that dang tree jumped the string.:takephoto:doh

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
i missed one this morning too. except mine, i just plain missed but it was on the ground and kinda far.. oh well, theres always next time

·
Super Moderator
28,369 Posts
Glad you are on here Chris.....don't worry, I have shot several deer w/ a bow (just never put 1 in the truck yet:doh) Maybe we'll both get 1 this year.....you'll probably get your's before mine!:nonono

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
anyone that hunts has killed a tree, I have for sure killed my fair share with a rifle, bow, and shotgun, i am just waiting on the Muzzleloader to the the quadfecta!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts