Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a kayak yesterday. so of couse I had to try it out. I put in at Shoreline last night. My wife and roommate tagged along and fished from the pier while I went off in the yak and hit some docks nearby. First cast = first fish from a yak! A white trou, but I was still excited! I took a picture to commemorate the occasion. After that I caught about 20-25 white trout. Had a blast, the sun was going down so I decided to head back to Shoreline and hit the docks along the way.I picked up 1 18" speck this way. I took the speck and 1 white trout home for tonight's dinner.

I got up early this morning and put in at Oriole Beach around 0700. I put out a DOA shrimp under a popping cork and headed off to some docks to the west. As soon as I got there had a 17" speck on the DOA. Then I got another 17" speck on my other rod with a Gulp jerk bait on a jig head. A little while after that I got a 17" red. Back in the water he went. Got some more bites, but didn't land any more fish after that. Headed in around 0930.

Thanks to unibober for the deal we worked out on the kayak!

The first fish

</p>

The first speck</p>

The first red

Dinner

</p>

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Thats awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the new yak

Scott

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is it a red Prowler 13? If so I we were launching the boat the same time you were taking off. Congrats on the yak and fish!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts