Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just moved to pensacola not long ago and recently purchased a 21' Wellcraft. I'm ready to get off of the dock and do some fishing!

Ayn way, I was hoping someone might could point meto a few places in the bay where I can catch a few Flounder and maybe some reds.

I would appreciate any pointers you could give me, I just do notknow where to start. :bowdown

·
Praedator
10,004 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
You can always try floating a finger mullet around the structures(channel markers, dock and bridge pilings over by Big Lagoon and the ICW. Has been know to produce a flattie now and again.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Don't limit yourself to those two fish right off the bat either. Some folks don't like them but the whites and ground mullet at the 3 mile bridge is pretty much a sure catch and I like the taste of both. Kids will have a blast also.

If you ask whites and ground mullet may not be the CORRECT name for them but that's what I call them.

Good luck on your ventures.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Deeplines (9/19/2008)Don't limit yourself to those two fish right off the bat either. Some folks don't like them but the whites and ground mullet at the 3 mile bridge is pretty much a sure catch and I like the taste of both. Kids will have a blast also.

If you ask whites and ground mullet may not be the CORRECT name for them but that's what I call them.

Dont listen to Murph his is one of those bluewater guys that think they know something about inshore fishing.:moonlol

No really where Murph has describe is a good allround spot. The 3 mile bridge holds a variety of fish. Reds, "white" trout, kings(hopefully soon), grouper, ground mullet.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Msstdog (9/19/2008)
Deeplines (9/19/2008)Don't limit yourself to those two fish right off the bat either. Some folks don't like them but the whites and ground mullet at the 3 mile bridge is pretty much a sure catch and I like the taste of both. Kids will have a blast also.

Dont listen to Murph his is one of those bluewater guys that think they know something about inshore fishing.:moonlol

No really where Murph has describe is a good allround spot. The 3 mile bridge holds a variety of fish. Reds, "white" trout, kings(hopefully soon), grouper, ground mullet.
ARE SPANISH STILL RUNNING???????/

That is some good eats also, IMHO.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ive seen a few caught here recently. Actually had Parrothead and his son onboard last trip out and caught one of the biggest spanish Ive ever seen.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Yep Spanish and Kings are in the bay right now. If it were I that was you, hehe, I would go early morning to the bouy that is a couple hundred yards off the Palafox Pier and float some live bait, ie menhaden, or I would work the wall around the Port if there are no big boats in the way. After that I would try the 3 mile bridge you can catch a little bit of everything there. The bridge rubble holds some monster reds. Or you could head out to pass if it's not too rough, troll a stretch or fish around the Pickens pier. Those are just some easy ideas.

You could also, if you haven't already, post in the Need a Crew Need a Ride section of this forum. I'm sure somebody would be happy to ride along and show you some spots.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is fantastic ! Thanks to all of you! I will let you know how I do. :)

By the way, The 3 mile bridge you talk about, which one is it? Is it the I-10 bridge?:blush:

·
Praedator
10,004 Posts
ReelRedneck (9/19/2008)

By the way, The 3 mile bridge you talk about, which one is it? Is it the I-10 bridge?:blush:
It is the bridge between Pensacola and Gulf Breeze. Set yourself up just off the downed sections on the Gulf Breeze side.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One more quick question. Where is a good place to put in with a 21' boat? THe 2 places I know have steep roads leading down to the water. I live in North Pensacola. Thanks again!

·
Praedator
10,004 Posts
ReelRedneck (9/19/2008)One more quick question. Where is a good place to put in with a 21' boat? THe 2 places I know have steep roads leading down to the water. I live in North Pensacola. Thanks again!
Two free ramps close to 3-mile are Texar and right at the foot of the bridge on the Pensacola side. On the Gulf Breeze side, there is a nice ramp with plenty of parking, but it is not free.

Texar is a challege to get out of the bayou if you have never navigated it. It's shallow coming out if you don't know how to get out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts