Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 15ft arrow glass boat and trailer. I thought just for fun I would get ideas and thoughts from others that have "Been there done that". It has a double bottom design. I was told by the guy I bought it from that the floor had been replace recently and had the fishing deck added. It all seems very solid, I walked all over the floor and found no soft spots and checked the transom at the exposed spots where the holes are drilled to mount the motor and it is solid. Not very scientific but all I have to go on at this point. In front of the console is a live well with a thru hull fitting, which I don't care for. Just seems like place for potential leak??? The guy I bought it from had mounted an old Merc 40hp on it and just threw it in. It of course doesn't run but maybe I can sell it or part it out to someone that could use it?? I have aquired an older evinrude 18hp that I plan to use to power it. The 18 will need the usual stuff, impeller,tune up and someTLC. I know it will not be to fast but I'm more concerened with fuel economy, and it should be fast enough for me. Now what I have been thinking of doing is "painting" or rolling the floor and gunnels with a bedliner like GATOR guard or herculiner.There are many makers of these products and wide color choices. I want to cut thefishing deck out for added roomforthe wife and kids,even thought about a small wrap around seat like a bow rider?? I probably won't be using the steeringon the console since the 18 is a tiller handle and I don't feel like converting to the oldcable and pulley setup. I may eventually get a larger motor and go with the steering and controls but am willing to work with what I have for now. Anyway the little boat isn't fast or even that attractive, I just want it to be safe and functional for me and my family and deadly for the fish!!!! LOL.Here are a few pics. Please feel free to express your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks Brian

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Boat looks pretty neat.. I honestly would leave everything the way it was.. Is the 40hp controls also?? Try getting it running and just using it for now until you can find a decent 35-40hp...With say you the wife and a kid or 2.. you wont be going very far and if your out somwhere and a storm pops up... You would have no where to go...plus you would probably wear it out....

For the inside, I've got a few hopper guns and I got some floor paint added some sand to it and put it on like that... Turn out nice after it dried..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy I got it from couldn't tell me much about it. It doesn't seem to be locked up. It does need a wiring harness as the old one is rotten. It does need the usual stuff for sure...........impeller,tune up, carb cleaning/rebuilding? etc etc etc..................anyway I bought it a while back while I was on vacation in Mobile. I live in Byram,Ms just south of Jackson. I'm planning to come back down on vacation in OCT and do some maintenance to the trailer so I can safelytow it back up here(wheel bearings,tires, lights). I am also planning to cometo p'colato visit my parents, if you think you might be interested in it just let me know as I could probably squeeze it in between the kids and the wife, maybe I'll see if the wife would mind ridingon the roof rack:doh, LOL, Just let me know Brian :usaflag

·
Registered
5,549 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome snagged line, I looked at the motor you have up for sale, but it's more than I can afford right now. Thanks again Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts