Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK from the top I went to the Pensacola Pier @ first light on Friday morning and was able to land a small king He went 12 # It got to be about 7:30 off to work I go, I get off work and figure what the Hell a couple more cigs too soak would be nice so I get out there at around 3 pm the spanish were biting and finally I hook up a nice King He makes a really nice run on me and you guys know the drill reel up or at least up down over under you know what I mean, well this king is off to the races and I walk him down to the most southwest corner of the pier and these to jerkoffs are just standing there I said the usual excuse me and pardon me please and the one fat fuck just stands theircontinuing to cast baitI was literally standing right behind him with my drag sceaming over his head and he wouldnt budge. I thought maybe Im over reacting but I know from my experience that its just common courtesy to yield to a fish on. These same 2 guys caused anouther guy whos name I wont use to loss his king in the big tangled mess, Needless to say he was pissed and hes a great guy, hours for that one moment and then these 2 humps . I respect everyone on the pier , but these 2 helmets , ok ok enough, I did manage to land my second king he went 20 #, If I can ever gaff, hand line , or just get out of the way Im your guy.For the to guys in the cute little mini van This is for you:Flipbird:moon:nonono:bpts:doh:looser:Flipbird:Flipbird now I need to go and have a :mmmbeer

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's why I don't go to the pier.... Too many A-holes and people who think they own the pier.

Get a yak and fish the entire Gulf....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the wife and I both have Yaks just wanted to mix it up a little by fishing the pier,been itching to use my larger tackle.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm pretty new to the saltwater game, but that is pretty obvious. I was out today and the guy next to me nails a nice shark, I never met the guy before, don't know him from Adam, I hear lines in and all I'm thinking is "What can I do to help this guy get this fish?" It's too bad everyone doesn't have that respect for a fellow angler.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't fished our pier since we built it and turned it over to SRIA. It seems pretty common to have at least a couple of discourteous jackoffs on the pier regularly. Glad you got your fish though!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know exactly what you mean man, its aggrevating having to deal with worthless people. Im glad you were able to land em both brotha. You know first hand that im willing to lend a helping hand!

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
if you want to risk losing a finger, you could use braid.... that way when they tangle you up, just loosen the drag and it will burn them off.... :letsdrink

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It aint just hte piers that people have no curtiousy any more. You probably have one ass hole to 100 people but I always seem to find them,boatramp,fishing hole,grocery store,boat ramp,resturants, and did I say boat ramp?:banghead:banghead:looser:doh:boo

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
most of them out there are the nicest people you'll ever meet, they will give you the shirt off their back if ya need it...

but every dog has his day... i've lost fish before due to people not paying attention, and i've been the biggest ass in the world... so my solution, if they won't take the advice that i give them (i always try to give advice first)... then i grab the closest rod with braid on it, and do everything in my power to hook a bonita.... and then let it do circles around everyone that is ignorant... and then loosen the drag, and watch 'em burn...

that's wrong..., isn't it?:hoppingmad

·
Registered
97 Posts
If fat bastard won't ease off the rail for a fellow angler who is hooked up, back up behind him, lighten the drag and let the line cut his azz:hoppingmad

·
Registered
802 Posts
Man I hate people that have no common curtsey and I always seem to find them too. Glad you got your fish.

Kevin

·
Registered
251 Posts
Next time hold your rod down and let your line hit them in the shoulder, neck, head, whatever and loosen your drag. Burn em' a good time or two and they will get the message. IT WORKS, used it on Pickens many years ago. They'll break their neck to get out of the way the next time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
what I hate is when a bunch of {hard tail fishermen} and if you fish the pier you know the ones I am talking about the ones that don't speak english tangle their damn subeaky rig in your damn line or tourists comeses out to the end an throwses a shrimp of the end hookes a raymora an seas look its a baby shark then his so called baby shark swims by your live bait so you try to get un tangled wenyou almost got it 4 or 5 king cum up under you and your stuck in raymoraland with with touristst wile everybody ketches the fish around you I have figured out if you ar gowing to fish the pier do it every chance you get the regular pier rats start to recognize you and then you jest turn in to one next thing you know ms pat starts feeding you king mackerel dip and people you see every time out ther ar gafing fish for you and its a different life then you start throwing down every thing ells but king,ling,spanish and tarponne

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
RubberBoat is right!!!... get in with the locals!, and maybe one day you will get to ezpierience Ms. Pat's smoked mackerel salad!!!:hungry

1 - 20 of 39 Posts