Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bearded Brotula
14,540 Posts
Wasn't too thick last week in OBA. Kind of a pain, but definitely fishable.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The OLE Lawn Fishing!
Went to Navarre yesterday evening to fish the surf. Lines were washed on to the shore within about 10 minutes. Casted twice, both times washed straight to shore due to soo much grass. 2 weeks from now? Not sure?
Was great to get out of the house though.

“GET’EM OFF THE BOTTOM”

·
ApachePilot07
18 Posts
The OLE Lawn Fishing!
Went to Navarre yesterday evening to fish the surf. Lines were washed on to the shore within about 10 minutes. Casted twice, both times washed straight to shore due to soo much grass. 2 weeks from now? Not sure?
Was great to get out of the house though.

“GET’EM OFF THE BOTTOM”
Great report, thanks. Was prepping my surf gear for an early outing Sunday morning to West of Opal Beach and gone ahead of the tourists arrivals to the beach where history shows that is at 11 AM +/- 30 minutes. But, with that report, I guess I'll not waste a load up and trip. I've always appreciated the 'negative' reports and try to do the same. Those reports are just as valuable IMHO as the 'look what I caught!' reports. Thanks Sea Monkey.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was out yesterday morning just east of Fort Pickens and it was basically unfishable due to the grass. Stayed for a bit anyway and actually managed a couple dink whiting right in the wash. Had to reel in about every 30 seconds to clear off the gunk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was out this morning and hit a few spots from Navarre to just past Opal Beach. The June grass and sargassum were atrocious. I was just throwing a gotcha but it was globs green slime on every cast and there were huge mats of sargassum everywhere. In between the masses it was free floating. Pretty much impossible to fish and the current was rippin'.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Was out this morning and hit a few spots from Navarre to just past Opal Beach. The June grass and sargassum were atrocious. I was just throwing a gotcha but it was globs green slime on every cast and there were huge mats of sargassum everywhere. In between the masses it was free floating. Pretty much impossible to fish and the current was rippin'.
At Johnson’s Beach today grass and sargassum present but not that thick, mostly broken up. Low visibility and water tasted like it had a lot of fresh mixed in. Current was coming from the west today so that’s not surprising.

·
Registered
149 Posts
At Johnson’s Beach today grass and sargassum present but not that thick, mostly broken up. Low visibility and water tasted like it had a lot of fresh mixed in. Current was coming from the west today so that’s not surprising.
Well throwing a spoon yesterday was night and day to my experience letting some bait soak. About every 10 minutes I had to clean off the grass and sargassum. Not a bite but couldn’t hardly tell anyway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We're at Gulf Shores for the week. Grass is pretty atrocious. As tide was going out, I was able to cast from the bar into deeper water with a jig .... had to clean grass off but was able to fish.

Caught a couple Spanish

·
Registered
72 Posts
Awful in Pensacola this morning. I’m going out to the sandbar and chunking, it’s full of turnips before I can put the reel in the holder. Oh well, still sitting out here for a while enjoying my favorite time of day.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Picked up so much on my transducer coming back from the Blues Saturday that my sounder quit working.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts