Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a report on the June grass on Pensacola Beach today 5/28. How’s it looking?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Based on the photos I saw on Instagram, not good. What I saw was right near the pier, and technically 5/27. Lots of it just sitting up on the beach, so I’m sure the water was bad too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
June 4 7:00 AM Just visited the first parking lot at Fort Pickens and the June grass is as bad as I’ve ever seen it. Maybe the storm this weekend will clear it out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think this is going to be a wait thru the weekend and hope the strong currents will help. I was tempted to buy an Alabama license and go out Ft Morgan. Guys over there don’t seem to be complaining. But with the weather this weekend I’m going to wait.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
When I was on the pier 6/2 , the bottom around the pompano hole was dark both sides of the pier from the stuff that had settled and the water was murky green from all the floating stuff. Even out on the end there was June grass. Made sabikis fun,fun,fun. Made clearing off those #10 hooks painful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went out to the central part of the Beach on Pensacola Beach and saw some really nasty stuff in close. We turned around and left. Looking for some cleaner water soon

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,921 Posts
Yesterday morning about 11 miles out was a long line of Sargassum, looked like a tide line of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts