Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
$300... not the way I go through finders. LOL
Get the extended warranty thru west marine for like $35-40 can swap it out for factory warranty period plus 2 years no questions asked I've swapped out my 385ci twice and still have well over a year left

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Not a bad idea. Need to get back out there and get some of those 25" snapper you were catching out at the barges.
Man its tough fishing at the barges now I fished sat and the best I could manage was 19" I start a 4/10 job on the 24 so ill be off on Fridays for about a year so maybe we can get after some fish

·
Registered
781 Posts
is this what i need

getting ready to buy a FF for my outback, Is this the deal i've been waiting on. Can i use the dsi if I mount it thru hual. I'm new at all this so any info would be greatly helped. thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not a bad idea. Need to get back out there and get some of those 25" snapper you were catching out at the barges.
Coaltrain, I can walk a little now. It wont be long and I'll be ready to go fishing. P.S. DON'T GET SHOT IN THE LEG RIGHT BEFORE FISHING SEASON IS GETTING GOOD:(

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Donny what the heck happened? Yes this is the deal. But a dsi transducers must be in the water to work correctly. Which means a scupper mount or a deployment arm. Or you can mount the transducer to your rudder.

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coaltrain I agree. Get the extended warranty. I want one of these units bad. But I am not sure its going to happen with what I have going on financially.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Man its tough fishing at the barges now I fished sat and the best I could manage was 19" I start a 4/10 job on the 24 so ill be off on Fridays for about a year so maybe we can get after some fish
Right on. Fridays are my days. Just shoot me a text if you still got my number.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Coaltrain, I can walk a little now. It wont be long and I'll be ready to go fishing. P.S. DON'T GET SHOT IN THE LEG RIGHT BEFORE FISHING SEASON IS GETTING GOOD:(
Yes please dont get shot. Makes it hard to fish at least in a yak. Remember scuppers go in the yak and not in your leg. Maybe we can get out at the end of snapper or start of grouper. Just shoot me wait scratch that SEND me a pm and we will hit it one day.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Doesn't this model have the down scan imaging where the unit has to be in the water? I almost bought one last summer but opted out as it woul dhave been a PITA using it on my PA. Using a wheel cart through the scuppers on an older PA makes you have to set these up where you have to mess with it each time you go out. Sweet deal though especially for the newer PAs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Doesn't this model have the down scan imaging where the unit has to be in the water? I almost bought one last summer but opted out as it woul dhave been a PITA using it on my PA. Using a wheel cart through the scuppers on an older PA makes you have to set these up where you have to mess with it each time you go out. Sweet deal though especially for the newer PAs.
You can shoot through through the hull with dsi on kayaks. :thumbup:

·
Wet azz
33 Posts
I shoot through the hull on my Ride and it works just fine. I have it mounted with duct seal. Obviously, there is some signal loss compared to having it in the water, but it still works plenty fine for me. I also preface this with the fact I am no sonar expert so i don't overtly notice the loss during use.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts