Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away from the computer recently so I haven't had a chance to post. Last Sunday(I know its late-sorry) I found the water a little murky and rough but fishable. I found a nice hole at the second walkover and caught a MESS of whiting, all 12 to 16 inches.I was using fresh shrimp, peeled. Sorry but no pics, the half dozen I kept were in the skillet before too long...Yesterday afternoon was my first trip out since then, and I went to Pickens for pomps. One guy was already there and I saw him catch a couple. I was just going through bait and not really having any luck. I knew the fish were there so I moved about 20 yards down to an area with a little more water depth. Boy was that the right move-ended up with 3 pomps in 25 minutes before I ran out of bait. It was a little rough but 4 ozs. held, and I was using fresh shrimp as usual. I think if I had moved sooner or had more bait I could've limited out. Oh well I'll add pics later tonight and I plan on hitting the beach tomorrow AM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts