Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Nice Pomp.

I was out at Johnsons too, yesterday from 10:30-2:30. Caught 1 keeper pomp and two smaller ones (10 in and 8 in) and a mess of whiting. About a half dozen whiting (including the tank in the bottom right, measured to 16 1/4 in) came from my fishing neighbor who kindly helped to fill my cooler, thanks again man! All fish caught on peeled shrimp, I did have one pole rigged up with fishbites but it never got a hit so i switched it out to shrimp after a couple hours.

Got home and the pompano was promptly gutted and crosshatched, rubbed down with EVO, garlic and salt and popped in the oven. So good.

20170319_182816.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice Pomp.

I was out at Johnsons too, yesterday from 10:30-2:30. Caught 1 keeper pomp and two smaller ones (10 in and 8 in) and a mess of whiting. About a half dozen whiting (including the tank in the bottom right, measured to 16 1/4 in) came from my fishing neighbor who kindly helped to fill my cooler, thanks again man! All fish caught on peeled shrimp, I did have one pole rigged up with fishbites but it never got a hit so i switched it out to shrimp after a couple hours.

Got home and the pompano was promptly gutted and crosshatched, rubbed down with EVO, garlic and salt and popped in the oven. So good.

View attachment 882650

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts