Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Was out at Johnson Beach yesterday afternoon from around 1-6PM, didn't get a bite until the last hour
I was there. Pulled in a ray! It took me about 15 minutes, and didn't have the juevos to pick it up myself,
so one of the local fisherman was walking along and showed me how to do it.

There was a bunch of tar balls on the sand, as well as in the water. Also, there was the algae/grass, whatever
it was all over the top of the water. Once it got on the line, it pulled like a small cat with the waves. This was
incredibly annoying. I ended up ignoring all the usual times I would have reeled in to get a cat off the line.

There were a TON of small fish in the water, and I mean EVERYWHERE. A friend of mine also saw some sheeps
and a school of pomps. Lastly, we saw a shark out on the bay end of the sandbar, cruising along the trench.

I have no idea why none of the pomps/reds/sheep were biting, but my friend and I had four lines out with everything
imaginable. Maybe it had something to do with the grass?

I have pi

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice report. What all were you fishing with? I'm headed down to Perdido in a little over a week and I'm hoping beach conditions don't get much worse because I've been looking forward to surf fishing again for months. Did the tar balls cause any trouble with your line or anything?

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's a sad first picutre with all the tar balls on the beach.

Where's all the clean up guys....?

Doesn't look like they are keeping the beaches very clean to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts