Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
You may not want to, unlike ANY other surface on the planet, it APPARENTLY can be slippery when wet AND if that's not enough, when exposed to waxing and waning water it can grow .... <gasp> something slippery! It clearly needs warning labels like 'Your hot coffee may be hot'... I would recommend caution.
That slime can be dangerous!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Several weeks ago at "Jim's Fish Camp", I slipped/fell on the slime-covered boat ramp which resulted in a serious injury that required immediate surgery.

HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AT "JIM'S FISH CAMP"???

Mike
I slipped and fell in front of your house. has anyone else slipped nd fallen in front of your house??????

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I slipped and fell in front of your house. has anyone else slipped nd fallen in front of your house??????
It was probably from the slime layer left behind when he was interviewing personal injury attorneys

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would've guessed the OP was an investigator for a PI attorney. But, I gotta think no PI attorney desperate enough to take a ramp slip and fall against Jim's actually would have an investigator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wow...I bet your remedial English school teacher would be proud of the way you can put together a sentence. Did the children in your neighborhood make fun of you for having to ride the short school bus?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Wow...I bet your remedial English school teacher would be proud of the way you can put together a sentence. Did the children in your neighborhood make fun of you for having to ride the short school bus?
Not as much as everyone making fun of you for not knowing wet, slime covered ramps are slippery...and for obviously looking for someone to back up your claim in a lawsuit.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Really endearing yourself to the members here, aren’t you? Imagine the disappointment from your high school gym coach when he realizes you can’t stand up without injuring yourself.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Aside from the hunt for a lawsuit, since we're talking about slick ramps, if any of you decide to go use that little ramp at The Pines, halfway to Ft. Morgan, be careful, That thing is like Bigfoot blew his nose all over it, slick as hell. (Said my poor old bruised behind.)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't see how Jim's could be considered negligent for having a slippery boat ramp, but I'm also not a lawyer. I mean, could they argue Jim's needs to put a "Boat Ramp May be Slippery" sign up at the ramp? I have seen a few of those, but that's kind of a stretch. Not surprising in today's world that it's needed though. By that logic he needs a sign that says "Water can cause drowning" by the end of the dock. It's common sense an inclined surface that stays wet all day would probably be slick. It's not exactly a surface that has traction most of the time, and just happened to be dangerous that day and you weren't notified by the owner ( i.e. why "wet floor" signs are needed in the grocery store)

Having said all that I would not be the least bit surprised if a lawyer could get money out of a situation like this, but you you ain't going to find anyone here who would help you sue a local business because you slipped on his boat ramp.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Big settlements in those original McDs "hot coffee" cases. AND McDs cranked the temp of the coffee way down. People want to get paid for bein dumbarses. And, some of em do!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
you you ain't going to find anyone here who would help you sue a local business because you slipped on his boat ramp.
^^ This.
Hopefully this <EDITED> has figured it out by now.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts