Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
What’s funny is the homemade gravel boat ramps are a lot less slick, so I’ve almost grown to like them more for my aluminum boat. Anyway, I doubt you could sue them, and if you do I hope you lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Buy 22lr ammo for sale with free shipping. We have a massive collection of cheap ammunition for rifles, Handgun, Shotgun & Rimfire. Enjoy a great deal on cheap ammunition like 9mm ammo and more. Buy ammo with an ammo board and save big. Visit us for more information.
Is this a thinly veiled suggestion we shoot the OP and put him out of his misery? Hey mods, I think you got some trolls about. And this one sure doesn't have 15 substantive posts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've slipped/almost fallen on more than a few ramps. Kind of the nature of the beast. They get slippery.
Most of the boat ramps I have experienced other than the one at Jim's have a corrugated service...I have not slipped on a boat ramp in the greater Pensacola area in the past 30 years other than the one at Jim's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've slipped/almost fallen on more than a few ramps. Kind of the nature of the beast. They get slippery.
Most of the boat ramps I have experienced other than the one at Jim's have a corrugated service...I have not slipped on a boat ramp in the greater Pensacola area in the past 30 years other than the one at Jim's.
I hate to hear that and hope you the best.
Boat ramps are slippery. Be careful. I have slipped on a lot of boat ramps. One time I spilled an entire Natty Light.

what are you looking for in others experiences?
Any one who has slipped on the slime at Jim's boat ramp

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Great first-post introduction to the community. Hate to hear about someone getting injured (allegedly) at a ramp (allegedly).

Here’s some helpful advice: take up land-based hobbies since apparently the whole wet-things-get-slippery concept never sunk in. I learned that when I was 6 and slipped in our garage. I probably should have followed OP’s lead and sued my parents. Totally missed an opportunity!

But what should I expect these days. It’s easier to blame someone else than take personal responsibility for being a dumbass.
Looks like you are like a lot of people who participate in forums....you don't comprehend what you read. I did not ask for your opinion, I simply asked if any else has slipped on that ramp, dumbass.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you haven't slipped on a ramp here in 30 years.....you aren't going to the good ramps or you're not fishing near enuff!

I don't think you are going to find any help here.

By "corrugated" do you mean large gravel? I've busted my butt on those too.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Looks like you are like a lot of people who participate in forums....you don't comprehend what you read. I did not ask for your opinion, I simply asked if any else has slipped on that ramp, dumbass.
Your witch hunt aint getting off the ground here.

Sorry you got hurt but it appears your ego needs a bit of a check if you think it's someone else's fault.

·
Endangered Red
521 Posts
I fell a few times on a skate board does that count? If I had a quarter for every time I have slipped or seen some slip at a boat ramp I'd be eating well.

I can already see post #2 - "I walked outside one afternoon in August and started to sweat. Anyone else have a similar experience?"

·
Registered
64 Posts
My comprehension is just fine. Yours apparently isn’t. I never called you a dumbass, but your feelings got hurt as much as your ego.

You’re fishing, just not like the rest of us. I’m sure there’s an ambulance chaser around that will give you a shoulder to cry on.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Most of the boat ramps I have experienced other than the one at Jim's have a corrugated service...
Corrugated ramps are a relatively new concept and are probably still the minority. I like them but I the ramps I use are not. The one I use the most is slippery as owl shit and I hold on to my truck, the trailer or the boat whenever I move around on it. So, be careful.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Which ramps in Pensacola are corrugated. Do you mean GROOVED? I've busted my butt on those, too. Slime grows where slime grows. Usually in places with sluggish water movement.

Reactions: 60hertz

·
Super Moderator
19,893 Posts
Grand Lagoon YC
Big Lagoon SP
Ship Yard
Galvez

Four ramps I’ve slipped at on the last 25 years. Shit happens. Get over it.

·
Super Moderator
12,804 Posts
Y'all are clumsy or top heavy... probably both. Dang rookies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Actually they comprehend what they are reading quite well - they can even read between the lines, which in your case isn't too hard - and they can see that you're fishing for some sort of grounds to take action against a particular place that offers one of a handful of accessible ramps in the area, where you allege that you slipped and fell and somehow want to think it's anyone's fault besides your own.

I've slipped on a couple ramps over the years when I got careless and once it actually really hurt. Stretched my hip joint pretty hard, wasn't the same for weeks. Know whose fault that was? Yours.

Know why? Because that makes about as much sense as you implying that your fall was anyone else's fault, either.

I was going to say I'm sorry you got hurt but after reading your last two posts, I can't really say I'm feeling that anymore. Do us all a favor and move along. .

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Actually they comprehend what they are reading quite well - they can even read between the lines, which in your case isn't too hard - and they can see that you're fishing for some sort of grounds to take action against a particular place that offers one of a handful of accessible ramps in the area, where you allege that you slipped and fell and somehow want to think it's anyone's fault besides your own.

I've slipped on a couple ramps over the years when I got careless and once it actually really hurt. Stretched my hip joint pretty hard, wasn't the same for weeks. Know whose fault that was? Yours.

Know why? Because that makes about as much sense as you implying that your fall was anyone else's fault, either.

I was going to say I'm sorry you got hurt but after reading your last two posts, I can't really say I'm feeling that anymore. Do us all a favor and move along. .
This!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Where is this ramp? I may want to try it out 🤣 🤣 🤣
You may not want to, unlike ANY other surface on the planet, it APPARENTLY can be slippery when wet AND if that's not enough, when exposed to waxing and waning water it can grow .... <gasp> something slippery! It clearly needs warning labels like 'Your hot coffee may be hot'... I would recommend caution.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts