Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several weeks ago at "Jim's Fish Camp", I slipped/fell on the slime-covered boat ramp which resulted in a serious injury that required immediate surgery.

HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AT "JIM'S FISH CAMP"???

Mike

·
Registered
876 Posts
Several weeks ago at "Jim's Fish Camp", I slipped/fell on the slime-covered boat ramp which resulted in a serious injury that required immediate surgery.

HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AT "JIM'S FISH CAMP"???

Mike
I hate to hear that and hope you the best.
Boat ramps are slippery. Be careful. I have slipped on a lot of boat ramps. One time I spilled an entire Natty Light.

what are you looking for in others experiences?

·
I like men
261 Posts
I bet I could settle it for you for a case of Natty light. And you can keep the WHOLE case.

·
I like men
261 Posts
But, I do feel for you. The ramps are slick and most are hard. I've fallen on a few myself. Just too dumb to get hurt, I guess.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
It might be "Robert's Fish Camp" when it's over???
Then in a couple of years, another newb with one post, will be on here telling about slipping on the ramp at Robert's Fish Camp on the ramp...and the cycle continues.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Take responsibility for your own actions. All boat ramps are slick, if you don't know that, you have no business being around a boat ramp in the first place. You are barking up the wrong tree fishing for someone to help you sue another sportsman. No one here is going to help you, or your lawyer.

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
Never fell at Jim’s but I busted my butt at Pensacola shipyard several years ago.
Heck, I fell on my wet driveway a few days ago and scraped all the skin off my knee.
Crocs are the worst on wet surfaces.
So, just be careful on all wet surfaces. That’s just the way it is.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,605 Posts
Great first post... welcome to the PFF... now go fall down a ramp in Destin or PCB... They got more money over there and we don’t need the bad publicity here locally... You piss me off how bout get a job and work for what you got like everyone else... if you stick your head up a horses ass you will most certainly get kicked.... So now you sue the horse owner... sack of shit!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Don’t remember ever falling on a boat ramp but that may be because I’m careful, I’ve busted my butt at plenty other places though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great first-post introduction to the community. Hate to hear about someone getting injured (allegedly) at a ramp (allegedly).

Here’s some helpful advice: take up land-based hobbies since apparently the whole wet-things-get-slippery concept never sunk in. I learned that when I was 6 and slipped in our garage. I probably should have followed OP’s lead and sued my parents. Totally missed an opportunity!

But what should I expect these days. It’s easier to blame someone else than take personal responsibility for being a dumbass.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts