Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Jim Lawrence Investigation on Now!

Tags
ripoff
5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Alumacrafty 
#1 ·
If you were one of the many people who got ripped off by One of the many business names he has filed and did work on your boat or boat engine Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office want to hear your story. Jim Lawrence did business as Northwest Florida Outboard Repair, Wahoo Marine, Complete Outboard Repair, and many other names.

It doesn’t matter what county you live I or where the rip off occurred. It doesn’t matter how long ago it was please contact Deputy Anna Jones by email at ajones@SRSO.net and give her your contact information. A brief description of your problem with Jim Lawrence would be help full but she will contact you for a full report.

Let’s get this con artist out of the boating community for good. Please help and also spread the word around. Thank you, Sharkman2000.

#4 ·
He sold me an engine that was posted on Craigslist. It was supposed to be a 2011 Yamaha 150 w/ 350 hours. We made the deal over the phone and text messages. He shipped me a broken down 2005 F150 with 2041 hours on it.

He is known to take good parts off your engine in for servicing and putting junk ones on in there place. He rebuilds motors with junk rusty parts, these are just some of the stories about him out there. He’ll preach what a good Christian he and his wife are and then screw you.

Search Jim Lawrence and Northwest Florida Outboards on TheHullTruth.com and you can read all about him. I finally convinced the SRSO that they needed to do something about him. Hopefully people will help out by telling their story. At any rate he violated a Florida statute in my case and will be going to court soon.

#9 ·
I just hope they will. I think they think reading a post is good enough for the deputy but it is not. That’s hearsay. She needs to speak to people directly so she can go to the powers that be she personally has heard testimony as to his dishonest dealings. Pass it on please.

#10 ·
I have no bone in this fight, and as I said before, I've never heard of him. Mainly because I deal with reputable shops.
But I do have a question as to Why the Deputy wants "You" to locate potential other victims? Seems to me, that's the deputy's job, not the victims job. I feel the deputy isn't that interested in this, and one can only assume because the scales are heavily weighted to the Civil Matter and not Criminal.
Seriously, from what you've said, You paid for a motor, and you received a motor, so it's going to be his word against yours as to the motor.
Have you asked for a refund?
My suggestion would to be to ask for a refund, or you to take him to small claims court. You want to hurt him, hurt him where it counts, his wallet. g/l again with your quest.

#11 ·
I have no bone in this fight, and as I said before, I've never heard of him. Mainly because I deal with reputable shops.
But I do have a question as to Why the Deputy wants "You" to locate potential other victims? Seems to me, that's the deputy's job, not the victims job. I feel the deputy isn't that interested in this, and one can only assume because the scales are heavily weighted to the Civil Matter and not Criminal.
Seriously, from what you've said, You paid for a motor, and you received a motor, so it's going to be his word against yours as to the motor.
Have you asked for a refund?
My suggestion would to be to ask for a refund, or you to take him to small claims court. You want to hurt him, hurt him where it counts, his wallet. g/l again with your quest.
It is unlawful for the deputy to solicit victims. That is why I am doing it. Remember the laws protect the criminals not the victims.

#21 ·
Can you tell me why so few people in Northwest Florida are unwilling to tell there story to the deputy? Do you like having this guy in your community? He is operating in MIlton, Florida now as Rebuilt Outboards. The SRSO is willing to do something about him now as I impressed upon them that he has been doing this a very long time. They checked his record and he doesn’t have one!!! You can’t get rid of bad people in your society unless YOU are willing to do something as simple as telling a deputy about your problem. I don’t even live in Northwestern Florida and I’m trying to get rid of him. Somebody TELL YOUR STORY. ajones@srso.net is the deputy’s email, give her your contact info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.