Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Fish Alot Catch None
1,148 Posts
No matter what technique you use, always be aware of how close your jig is to the surface. It is very common for people to jerk the jig out of the water and hit the boat and or people.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the good info--Unfortunetly I left this morning without checking the site. Went out of Fort Morgan and had a horrible day. I tied on a jig and dropped it down showing my buddy how I think it was supposed to be done--handed him the rod and turned around to tie on a jig for myself. 5 seconds later he asked me how much the jigs cost and I turned around to answer him--he was standing there with a frayed braided line and no jig! He said he gave about four pulls on it and reeled it up a little,four more pulls and bam he had the end of the line. I just had this braid put on yesterday! I am questioningusing braid.Oh yea-- forgot to mention I lost my bilge pump and began taking on water so I had to skiddatle back to the ramp.Bad day but will get back out there soon as possible to try jigging again.

· Registered
59 Posts
Sweet links guys!! I am not looking forward to my first day out there jigging either. These things cost too much to be losing all the time. That's part of the sport though! The mighty O is not going to be nice to me I feel.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always lube the line before cinching the knot-I tied a bimini twist to aNo nameknot ona monofilamentleader but I dont think it was the knot. We were in 60-70 feet of water and hadthe jigclose to the bottom when I handed it off to my buddy.

· Registered
55 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.