Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently got a OTI Fathom Blade conventional jigging rod
5'2" 40-80lb 350g on a trade and looking for a reel for it. The girlfriend liked it because it was the same size as her so she has now claimed it. Don't expect her to fish with me much as she hasn't gone many times over the last six years but I will let her have it maybe she will go more maybe not. But now I am looking for a reel to match up with it. Looking to stay around 200$ give or take so I don't cry if she was to drop it over. Let's hear some suggestions.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have many dollars worth of dealings with oceanmaster and value his opinion a lot just doing a little searching right now I will be away at work for at least about three more weeks so can't make any sales right now

·
Super Moderator
19,672 Posts
I am thinking about just putting a torium 30(spelling) on it that my brother has and calling it good just afraid that won't be (pretty) enough
If you do take it over to Ocean Master and have him do the upgrades. I got some I got to get to him. They had some issues but he can make them better than new.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you do take it over to Ocean Master and have him do the upgrades. I got some I got to get to him. They had some issues but he can make them better than new.
He touches every reel I buy and believe he has already seen that reel a year or so ago

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,074 Posts
For the 30/80 rod I would look into one of the Avet reels. I use many of them and never a failure. Get a narrow reel and it will be much easier for her to keep the line straight on the reel. Narrow reels are also stronger than wider reels and get one in a lower gear ratio or a two speed.

Find a color she likes and you will be a hero..!!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the 30/80 rod I would look into one of the Avet reels. I use many of them and never a failure. Get a narrow reel and it will be much easier for her to keep the line straight on the reel. Narrow reels are also stronger than wider reels and get one in a lower gear ratio or a two speed.

I was thinking about a avet I was just not very impressed with the one avet I have purchased what one would you recommend? Can't remember off the top of my head what one I have.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I was thinking about a avet I was just not very impressed with the one avet I have purchased what one would you recommend? Can't remember off the top of my head what one I have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts