Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to put faces to posts and names yesterday. Made the trek to do some jigging with Duane and his son Chris from Ga. and Dave from Tenn. Had a large time and caught quite a few fish on jigs. Some of us got spanked multiple times by big fish. I am sorry, Duane and Chris for the bumpy and wet oh did I say wet ride. Had a blast and I am ready to do it again. They took a few pics and maybe will post some later. Until next time the jigging maniac Spiney.

·
Registered
541 Posts
How deep did you guys have to go? We made the call to not go because of wind and wave forecast and regret it now. Heard it was not that bad...just very bumpy.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would have been a walk in the park for your boat. It was one of the wettest rides I have had on my boat but it was fine. Not too much banging but a strong cross wind both out and in. That is ahighly wet ride on my boat. We went to 200 feet of waterand had many quad hook ups. The fish were chewing well, we just couldn't put the big ones in the boat. Lost many big fish including a hoss grouper on a jig. You definitely missed out on a great day.

·
Super Moderator
29,541 Posts
All AJ's??? Glad ya'll got out and got a few!!!:toast

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caught some almacos , banded rudder fish , bonita a trigger and a 19" red grouper also.

·
Registered
541 Posts
lobsterman (09/05/2010)It would have been a walk in the park for your boat. It was one of the wettest rides I have had on my boat but it was fine. Not too much banging but a strong cross wind both out and in. That is ahighly wet ride on my boat. We went to 200 feet of waterand had many quad hook ups. The fish were chewing well, we just couldn't put the big ones in the boat. Lost many big fish including a hoss grouper on a jig. You definitely missed out on a great day.
I hear ya George about the wet ride. My Triton doesn't like a crosswind at all...its either haul azz or slow way down, or zig zag. Either way you're gonna get wet. Realy hard to hold on a spot with a single motorand also have to power drift with stern to wind. I do like LaJess and try to plan for a favorable tail wind of some sort when we go long. Glad you found some big ones.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Naw thats alright. We did get to shake and bake on the Wet and Wild. We definitely got plenty of Vitamin Sea also. Fish were chewin the paint off the jigs too.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pass Time (09/05/2010)
lobsterman (09/05/2010)It would have been a walk in the park for your boat. It was one of the wettest rides I have had on my boat but it was fine. Not too much banging but a strong cross wind both out and in. That is ahighly wet ride on my boat. We went to 200 feet of waterand had many quad hook ups. The fish were chewing well, we just couldn't put the big ones in the boat. Lost many big fish including a hoss grouper on a jig. You definitely missed out on a great day.
I hear ya George about the wet ride. My Triton doesn't like a crosswind at all...its either haul azz or slow way down, or zig zag. Either way you're gonna get wet. Realy hard to hold on a spot with a single motorand also have to power drift with stern to wind. I do like LaJess and try to plan for a favorable tail wind of some sort when we go long. Glad you found some big ones.
I promise you , you don't know the meaning of wet. Just come with me one time on a not so smooth day and then you will.

·
Registered
191 Posts
George isn't kidding when he said it was wet!! We had a great time though. Wet or not, I would rather be fishing than sitting on the beach!! :D We didn't get too many pics, but here are a few.

This is me with the first fish of the day and as you can see i am STILL SOAKING WET!!

Here is Chris with a just short AJ.

And here is Dave with the only keeper AJ for the day.

George was a little camera shy today so we didn't get any of him.....

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for adding the pictures and glad you guys made it down to fish. Hopefully we can do it again soon, before the oil hits the fan. Or the Beaches in this case.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey George if you would have had a hook on that jig there would have been a few more fish on the boat!!

Chris

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cape_Horn_24 (10/05/2010)Hey George if you would have had a hook on that jig there would have been a few more fish on the boat!!

Chris
Chris, I guess you didn;t understand the strategy I was using. I was trying to give them a little edge and put the leader in a lasso around their heads when they hit the jig. Who needs hooks,they are for light weights. No really I was a shocked as everyone else,I was jigging for ten minutes with a broke off hook and getting slammed the whole time. I think there might be a few fish still down there with a concussion from hitting the jig so hard.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eastern Tackle (10/05/2010)
Cape_Horn_24 (10/05/2010) Wet or not, I would rather be fishing than sitting on the beach!!
The fish are already wet, so it doesn't bother them, right.

Pretty work there George and crew.
Thanks Jim. I hope we can get out before the oil hits the fan here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts