Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Keep on Reel'n
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now is the hard part. What is a good jigging rig that is good for both? Like length of rod, torque of rod? Reels / names and speed ratio for jigging and bottom fishing? What is the best size line to use for jigging? Braid?

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
Spinning or Conventional?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
This is becoming a popular topic this week, the rod I have that im most likley to use for both jigging and bttm fishing is an OTI fathom blade rod (OTI-3104C) its 6' line wt 30/50 200g jigwt, max drag 20lb, fight drag 15lb. paired with an accurate boss 665H loaded with 70lb Daiwa boat braid with 130lb wind on leader. this rod is under rated and is quite stout.

Attachments

·
Team Jack 'Em Up
400 Posts
If you want a good "multi-purpose" rod that can jig and do a little bottom fishing duty then look at the Ugly Stik Tiger Lite Jigging Rods. Yeah yeah, I know they aren't OTIs or other high end rods, but for $70 you can't beat them. I have one each of their XXH models in spinning and conventional sporting a Tyrnos 12 with 70lb Daiwa boat braid and a Saragossa 10k with 65lb Diamond Momoi braid. Very nice combos that you won't break the bank on...which in my opinion means more gas money and more fish in the cooler! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts