Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made it out jigging yesterday with a few jigging buddies down from Atlanta. Freddy and Jeff. We had a blast and the fish cooperated all day. Caught a Gag, Banded Rudderfish, Scamp, and Bonito and Amberjacks. Had a great day and a great time with some great fishermen and friends. Until next time.

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
Good catch George. I'll try to give some more hell tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
George glad you got to go fishing. Nice catch you'll had. We had to stay on the hill this past wk. Maybe we can go this wk. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice mix of fish. They were biting well yesterday! I hate trying to ID greater AJ versus lesser AJ vs banded rudderfish vs almaco. We had to debate for a few minutes before deciding to keep our almaco yesterday. Even if I get the correct ID, I'm not sure the FWC will...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Looks like yall did good. Glad you were able to jig up some groupers. I need to figure out how to get some grouper jigged up, do fine on the bonita and ajs, but cant seem to figure out those grouper. Im told a straight glow in the dark jig works well, but what I am wondering is do you catch them bouncing it on the bottom or just off the bottom? Congrats on a good day of jigging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts