Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am left handed and want a bow. yet i dont want to drop hundreds of dollars on my first one and decide i dont like it, especially with me being left handed. are jennings bows any good. i have the chance to buy one cheap and am curious if this would be a good starter bow. thanks for your inout

·
Registered
161 Posts
It has been 15 years, but the jennings aerostar i stot back then is by far one of the best i've ever shot.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
best advise is...shoot it...if you like it buy it...your the one who is shooting it and if it feels comfortable to you then thats all that matters

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've had the Jennings 3.1CKR?? 31" axle to axle, with the carbon fiber limbs for 2 years now. I love it. I picked it up brand new off of ebay last year for like $250. Was $599 at some places, Mikes usually has em for $499 but I think it's on sale now for $299?

I havemy bowset on 65lbs and shoot Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows. Last year I shot a doe from the ground @ 40 yards. She was looking strait at me and my arrow went in her chest broke 4 ribs and all but the fletch of the arrow came out her backside about one inch from her tailhole. I don't know if it was the bow or the arrow but, it seems to pack plenty of punch....

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,783 Posts
Honestly, I think all Bow makers nowdays make fine bows, you just have to find one that YOU are comfortable with and like, shoot em all, I like PSE, been shooting them for 10 yrs now, I stick with them because of the service after the sale, THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR EQUIPMENT!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
How do you measure proper draw length?

I've never bow hunted but thinking about giving it a try so any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
One method is to extend both your arms straight out and directly away from your sides with palms open and fingers extended. Then have someone stand behind you and take a tape measure and start at one index finger and lay the tape on top of your arm, across your shoulders and to your other fingertip.

Now, take that measurement, and divide it by 2.5

example, if your measurement is 68 inches, then divide 68 by 2.5 or a 27 inch draw length /

or a 71" measurement divided by 2.5 equals 28.5 " draw length

I'm 6' 5" and my measurement is 78 " / 78 divided by 2.5 equals 31 inch draw length

This method is close, but not perfect. If you can't get to a Pro Shop to get it measured, it is pretty effective. Hope this helps.

Pro Shops are marking down bows since it is the end of their season, you might make a real good deal on a new one.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts