Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could get some injectors tested and cleaned around Gulf Breeze/ Pensacola; and turn around time on this process?
Thank you.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Clean them your self. It is easy.

Reactions: Getsome

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you experiencing misfires in that 4.0?
No, just seems like they are bypassing. Bleeding down; hard starting after sitting and no fuel rail pressure.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clean them your self. It is easy.
I may try that. I read up on it and watched a few video's... Just don't want to ground it for to long. But after seeing this overwhelming response, looks like everyone is doing it. Had my boat done for $1300; made me cry.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
just a thought.... maybe the fuel rail or the injector o-rings need replaced? I was smelling fuel from under my hood and after checking, the vapors were seeping around the o-ring gaskets. I replaced them (o-rings) and all has been good since.

·
Wolfgang
257 Posts
No, just seems like they are bypassing. Bleeding down; hard starting after sitting and no fuel rail pressure.
It could also be that the check-valve in the fuel pump isn't working anymore.
Even some new fuel pumps have issues right out of the box due to being inferior chinese built units. I have become a fan of the inline check-valves because of it.

*5/16-3/8 line check-valve >> https://www.amazon.com/Fuel-Line-Check-Valve-Lines/dp/B000YOVLBO

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Do you know the injector model numbers I have a complete set for a doge but not sure what vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like a later model; did a search and looks like yours is a four to seven. Thank you for the info.

Do you know the injector model numbers I have a complete set for a doge but not sure what vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the info. Going to try a new set and seals. Going to check all these suggestion and then have them serviced. Will post the outcome.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I cleaned mine myself. I have a 4.0 in a 93 Wrangler I been redoing. I have a complete set of Bosch rebuilt injectors if you need them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts