Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JBL woody magnum, 64 inches from butt to tip. Biggest wood gun JBL makes. I have had this gun for 3 years, first gun I bought when I moved here, and it has NEVER failed me. Every fish in my photo gallery below from spearin has been slayed with this gun other than the cuda. I have 3 guns now, and have owned 5, and this is the one I consistently use. Kinda sentimental lettin this lil piece of my history go.

It has been rinsed after every use. The absolute cheapest you could get this setup for on line is $571.00.

Just the Powerhead, shaft mount, and auto-coil cheapest price is $264. So your getting the gun, upgraded bands, and spinner tip for $111.00

The tip is a tri-cut ROTATING tip with 4" wingspan (not 3" standard), the bands are 3 months old, and the expensive good ones. They are a little shorter than stock,so this gun has incredible range, and can reach out and touch someone with them "Hail Mary" shots.

I have the auto-coil shock cord on it, so reloads are quick, and no floating string to tangle you.

The shaft is brand new, just got it saturday. (the 23+ pound snapper broke my last one..:doh )

I sandedthe stockdown, and refinished it with an ebony stain, and then lightly sanded thru in areas to the red mahagony to give it a custom "distressed" look, then coated with 3 coats of EpiFanes marine UV clear varnish. While I was at it, I laid out a stripe down the side with inches and feet for a reference underwater. The Detroit side of me kicked in when I did it, and I made the stripe in Metallic Pimp Gold.:letsdrink

I bought the powerhead mount, (wich was $50 plus tax alone for just the mount) and mounted it to the gun to fix the A.B. Biller .357 magnum powerhead (over $200 in the dive shops)directly to the gun. AB biller I think makes the BEST powerhead design, that will fire regardless of what angle you hit something with it. Beco and others have a sliding type barrel that can jam if not a straight on 90 degree hit. You can still unscrew the powerhead from the fixed shaft and screw it onto your spear shaft to shoot (In federal waters). I hear a lot of people keep a powerhead in there BC pocket, and the thought is, if a shark gets agressive, I'll unscrew the tip from my shaft, and screw on the powerhead, aim, and shoot.

I have 3 problems with that.

1, the only times I have had sharks aggressive was AFTER I had already shot a fish, and my gun was empty as I was trying to string the fish. No shaft in your gun, because its in a fish, or not recocked,powerhead is worthless.

2, If a shark IS agressive, I'm not to sure if he would be understanding to wait while I remove my tightly screwed on speartip, reached in my pocket, screwed my powerhead on the tip, undid the savety, swung the gun up, aimed at him, and fired.

3, Shooting a powerhead from a speargun, better hope in that situation your aim is good, cuz you only got one chance. With it mounted, you just jab it at him (which is a normal instinct to do when somethin comes at you), if he dodges it, you just jeep jabbin him out of instinct till you connect. Problem solved.

Now some call me a sissy cuz I have the powerhead mounted on my gun. Maybe. In 35 years of life, I have never had somone run in my house in the middle of the night and rape my family and steal everything I own. However, just in case that day EVER comes, I got somethin sittin next to my bed for that special occasion. ANd I know many others do, or have one on them at all times. I just like the odds in my favor is all.

OK, heres the pics.

(850) 777-1221

·
Registered
476 Posts
clay,

would you be interested in taking off the power head mount and selling them seperately? might get more money out of it that way. I love this gun, but I think its probably a little to big for me as far as the link goes. i would love to have the powerhead set-up though. i would make you a good prive if interested.

by the way, i'm still in texas for a few more days. lets go kill that grouper when i get back!

i'll bring the high caps that i owe you too.

take care,

chris

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yo, Clay...if Chris buys the powerhead then lemme know what you want for the gun, I am fixin' to unload some items in the For Sale section to generate $$$. Got a brand new Dewalt 4pc combo 18v that I won in a raffle. Figure w/ $499 retail I oughta be able to unload it for gun money! Ever feel like a crackhead? Hey, Chris, got a plan for our expedition. (HINT: no 2x4's but large high strength nettingthatI have access to...balls + :blownaway=:toast)

·
Registered
390 Posts
clay nice looking setup. don't sell it to chris. he would put shoot his eye out, not to mention the back of his head. hey wait that means chum and more fish. sweet.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the confusion. The original price listed was $375, and in the description, I stated that after the price of the powerhead and mount, you were basically getting the gun for $111. I was just trying to break the price down, because $375 seems like a lot for a speargun until you consider the powerhead and mount.

·
Registered
307 Posts
10-4... I kinda figured $111.00 was cheap for a gun like that. Just wanted to make sure. I love deals and that would have been a great one. ($111.00)

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O.K, scratch the last price. It's on ebay, and theres an hour and a half left and its already up to $292.50. And the price always go up the last 60 seconds.

I know it will get over $300 now.

Screw you guys....I'm goin home.:poke:letsdrink

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey, Clay...who bought the guns? Both get bought off ebay? sure woulda liked to get that 63" JBL! Glad you got your $$$, lemme see that LTD when it comes in! :letsdrink

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sold the sawed off on here to flyingfishr, and the big magnum and powerhead went on ebay. Think I'm not gettin a LTD now, been lookin at a few other models, DeathSticks, and Andre's, and one other model. Got a total of $540 off both guns to spend!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts