Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I did notice that one as well. The collision itself could be construed as 2 vessels in too close of proximity, but those guys continuing to blast away with water cannons after the collision leave no ambiguity about the priority and lengths the Japs will go to in hunting the whales.

I would not be caught dead in any of the sea shephard boats, but you can bet that if anyone trains a water cannon on me after ramming and sinking my ship, they will soon find themselves in the middle of a big ole can of whoopass.

My question is this: If they were trying to fowl the props, why don't they tie off a bouy ball to one end and then encircle the boat. Seems like it would work better that way to me......

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
angus_cow_doctor (1/6/2010)I did notice that one as well. The collision itself could be construed as 2 vessels in too close of proximity, but those guys continuing to blast away with water cannons after the collision leave no ambiguity about the priority and lengths the Japs will go to in hunting the whales.

I would not be caught dead in any of the sea shephard boats, but you can bet that if anyone trains a water cannon on me after ramming and sinking my ship, they will soon find themselves in the middle of a big ole can of whoopass.

My question is this: If they were trying to fowl the props, why don't they tie off a bouy ball to one end and then encircle the boat. Seems like it would work better that way to me......
Those wackos lied. They rammed the big boat. Look at the prop wash-full steam ahead.

I could care a less if the japs want to kill a few whales. They are not only no longer endangered but there are more whales now then there were in the 1800s. Just keep them away from the blue fin tuna. Sea Shephard got what they deserved.

·
Registered
943 Posts
5 million was spent on new m/v Bob Barker named after namesake, the batboatmobile was donated by some other eccentric rich guy.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Early video looked like Japs rammed SS boat while it was dead in the water. This video makes it clear the SS boat accelerated into the path of the Japs, at least for the first hit. Not a great lover of the Japs and their sham research program, but regardless of your politics, you don't accelerate into the path of another boat, water jets or not. There are ways to interfere with progress of a vessel without sacrificing a perfectly good, and damn good looking, boat in the process. All in favor of stopping the whaling, never in favor of wasting a boat or endangering lives to do it. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
437 Posts
Good. Friggin' pirates and terrorists. Only problem is now they get more exposure. I don't agree with killing whales, but I certainly cannot support these "activist" actions. Would love for someone to pick these guys up on International charges somehow.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I?m not a big fan of the Japanese fishing or whaling practices and I?m definitely not a fan of the Japanese sinking vessels but the SS needs to look at constructing some big ass heavy duty ships if they want to play like this in the open ocean. Not one of their brighter moves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts