Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently acquired some of these acorns from a natural resources friend of mine. a little back ground.. most of the oak trees we have around here take 20+years to mature into producing acorns. JSTOaks mature in 6 - 7 years and give off acorns like these. i planted 10 of them today and hopefully they will work out. ill let you guys know..

·
Super Moderator
28,502 Posts
I bought 3 last year and they are growing well.....I do like the time frame on them...If they don't work out, I'll point you to the guy I got mine from....I got mine and they were about 10 inches high and now my biggest 1 is almost to my waist...I have 1 that keeps dying but then new growth pops out so i guess it'll survive....They are definitely a tree to plant fer the wildlife....I also planted persimmon trees, apple tree, pear trees (not a good turn out), and fig trees (only 1 survived)...Plan on the future today:bowdown

·
Registered
30 Posts
We planted about 21 trees about 14 years ago and they have produced every year since the 7th or 8th year. Looks like where you have goats penned up under them, they are worth the time to plant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts