Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is hooked!!!!!!

We have been hunting since last Saturday. It has been a great time of learning ( for both of us) He does great in the treestand for several hours (as long as he can play deer hunter 3 on my phone),. On Tuesday we had not seen anything and we were about to pack it up for the day at 5:10( I was more discouraged than Jake) when I looked down the plot and noticed 2 deer stepping out of the planted pines. I grabbed my binoculars to make sure they where does and as soon as I told him we could shoot them his excitement level went through the roof. I put our NEF 243 in the window of the shooting house and Jake got set up to shoot. After what seemed like an eternity and much proding from dad Jake informed me that the cross hairs wouldn't stop moving. ow we had to readjust the rifle and Jake to get him more comfortable . I then went back to proding him, okay Jake as soon as the cross hair settles on her shoulder squeeze boooommm!!! the trigger. WHOA!!!!! DAD THAT WAS LOUD AND IT KICKED TO, but it didn't hurt. (I guess I should have told him it was going to be different that the air rifles and the 22 rifles he had been practicing with.)

He made a great shot through both front shoulders, her front end hit the ground and she plowed a trail with her chest for about 40-50 yards. I am not sure who was more excited me or him. We had been discussing the tradition of blood on your face for your first deer and he couldn't wait he had begged grandpa to use blood from a friends deer on Monday so as you can see he is all smiles.

What a blessing it is to be in a place where I can take my son into the outdoor and share experiences like these. Thank you to all the troops that keep it possible, May God bless you and I hope everyone has a merry Christmas.

·
Apex
1,349 Posts
Awesome! The smile onhis face says it all!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jaster for resizing the pic.

This hunt was one of the most memorable moments of my life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts