Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 2012 200XT 20' Sea Fox. I am looking at getting a Bob's Action Jack 6" jack plate and a set of Lenco trim tabs (unsure of size at the moment) and I have a couple of questions.

I've seen a lot of great reviews on Bob's jack plates but most don't specify if they are the action jack version with the hydraulic pump built in, or the jack plate with the hydraulic pump seperate. If anyone has some feedback or another recommendation it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was debating on bring my boat to sunrise just west of Hurlburt since that's where I bought it and I figure they work on Sea Fox boats more often than most and would have some boat specific knowledge.

However, I'm also looking for some recommendations for a shop that does quality work/decent price (do I dare dream of a military discount??? lol) in the Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach area so I can get a couple different quotes.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Well I have a fair knowledge of Bob's machine shop Jackplates. I've owned 2 of them on different boats.

Why do you want a Jackplate is the first question. The dealer knows little about this I bet?

There are some things that need to be done to a Bob's Jackplate in the electrical department to make it last.

I'll wait till you answer to go farther.

Mine have had all separate pumps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mainly for being able to get the boat on plane in shallower waters without grounding the motor. The increased fuel efficiency is more of a bonus.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
That's what I was expecting to hear.

It will not work unless you have a tunnel hull and I dought that you do?

The boat will propel forward at a slow speed with the jackplate up. When you punch the throttle it will cavitate like crazy, as the hull will be blocking enough water to get to the prop.

Now with all this said.....Detailed pix's of your transom will help eliminate anymore guessing about this.

I use them so I can trailer with the motor not tilted and to maneuver in real shallow areas at slow speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts