Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out fishing in escambia 2 days ago and me and a buddy saw a school(literaly about 1 acre big)of fish, we thought they were menhaden so i threw on them and brought up 4 baby jacks. so we follow them around threw about 10 different things out(spoons, topwater, diving plugs) and did not even get a bite can anyone tell me what the best thing to use for them is, i have never really tried to fish for them so i dont know what im doing, any help is appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I haven't really tried to fish for them too but I did run in to a school one day. I threw out one of those 5 to 6 in. topwater chugs and ended up with a fairlygood sizejack. I would say use something big and makes a lot of commotion.Thats about all the info I know on how to catch them. Someone will probably come in and give more info.Good Luck!

·
Registered
948 Posts
i've had really good luck just dropping a big chunk of cut bait (steel leader, small weight) below the school and let it sit there for a few minutes. feeding or not, you usually get one that just can't resist the free meal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts