Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a while this afternoon. It was a little later than I like to head out, but you ain't going to kill him sitting on the couch. I decided to take a different route one of my climbers that is located on a clear cut. I never made it to the stand. I was making my way across a ridge that is located between to creeks. The ridge has planted pines on it and is very open. I must have stumbled upon 20 scrapes that are as big a truck hood. All of these have been worked (hard) since the rain the other day. It looks like he has worked them with a shovel. So, I sat down against an oak atop the ridge and looking down into the creek bottom. I only got to set for about 45 minutes this evening, but I saw three very large does working through the bottom, and they were all acting skiddish. I am lucky in the fact that it is about a 5 minute drive from the house to this location, so I plan on easing in there before work. I heard some crashing in the bottom shortly after the does were out of site. I think I have found "the" spot, and I think with the looks of those scrapes that we are all over it. Hopefully, I will have a nice pic posted pretty soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts