Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a few days since I've hit the woods, works been killing me and my 1 day off this week is Tommorow, (and it's a 90% chance of rain). Found a little place I've been wanting to hunt and I'm going in the morning regardless of the weather!

This little spot is only about 20 acres, it's out in the marsh and can only be gotten to by boat. I have fished the area for several years and never have seen anyone hunt it. I'm thinking there may be an old sad daddy layed up on it thinking he's safe. Tommorow we will see! image.jpg

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Good thing if it rains you can get some good scouting in and all your scent will be gone. Don't forget your thermacell think its supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow

somewhere in a tree

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thing if it rains you can get some good scouting in and all your scent will be gone. Don't forget your thermacell think its supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow

somewhere in a tree
True! It will be more of a scouting trip than anything, (but I will have the ol 1100 full of slugs) gonna take a look and see what kind of sign I see, if it looks good, I may set my climber and a couple cameras up and be ready to come back on Monday.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm itching to. I have nine days off starting the 18th to put a few down. Hopefully maybe I might shoot my first respectable buck. Good luck tomorrow and stay dry!

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I slipped in this morning in all the rain, as soon as I hit the tree line, I ran into a good rub, walked in another 100' and seen 3 more good rubs, decided to back out and come back this evening a little better prepared, no trees climbable, so I'm back now sitting in the ground. Rain just stopped, maybe something will slip by.....stay tuned!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well I slipped in this morning in all the rain, as soon as I hit the tree line, I ran into a good rub, walked in another 100' and seen 3 more good rubs, decided to back out and come back this evening a little better prepared, no trees climbable, so I'm back now sitting in the ground. Rain just stopped, maybe something will slip by.....stay tuned!
Standing by....wish I was out there..good luck

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, had something come bustin in on me right at dark, couldn't see what it was. Gotta wait till Monday to try it again....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts