Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logan has been itching to shoot squirells fer a while. We have been walking around the home-front fer a few days and have seen none while we had a gun. Everytime I walk outside I see them but no gun:banghead We'll the other day I told Logan about the squirell call I used as a kid and it worked great. So while I was at Academy the other day I saw it and had to get it...fergot the name but its that silver quarter/half dollar size disc. We'll today me and Logan walked off the porch and I said to hit it a few times...Bam!!! they started barking! We caught 2 in a big oak and 1 got away:banghead This un decided to try to perch in a limb and remain still (wrong move)! logan being a crack-shot drilled him through thechest. It acually went through both of his paws-through the tree branch, then then through his chest and out between his shoulder blades!:bowdown It was funny to watch the squirell clutch to the branch and quiver a bit then drop and Logan gotta kick outta it. When I saw the shot placement, I told him that way before he and his sister were born I shot and had mounted a fox squirell in the same way:letsdrink He asked me if we seriously eat squirells and I told him he was shooting it so he was eating it.... It was great just to be out walking and talking in the woods....:usaflagAnyways check out the pics and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That's ironic. We were talking about eating squirrels at work today and my boss {he's from maine} could not believe anyone would eat a squirrel.

Ain't nothing much better than fried squirrel pressure cooked in a pot of gravy and then served over a bed of rice. It brings back some good memories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts