1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MyFWC Florida Fish and Wildlife
5 hrs ·
Executive Order: Recreational Boating
Because COVID-19 continues to impact Florida, a new Executive Order has been enacted to reflect direction from Governor DeSantis, the DOH and the CDC. Effective immediately, all recreational boats must be at least 50 feet apart. Each recreational vessel must not have more than 10 people on board. Full details and additional proactive measures the FWC is implementing: https://bit.ly/2WGUKX8

Interesting that it says 'Recreational' ... not that many rec boats have 10 people anyway, that's more about larger charters, party boats, and headboats. Wonder what the rule is for them?

It really bothers me how our freedoms are being stripped away over a virus that numbers-wise doesn't seem to be that much different than others we have seen in the past. Also seems dumb that it's not on the front page of their own website, had to hunt a little to find it. https://myfwc.com/recreation/notices/covid-19/

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
With the hotspot in miami and surrounding areas...he's getting some pretty harsh feedback on whats going on there....50 ft rule should be the norm anyway imo...you're in a boat.....Now with the boarder checkpoints,we'll see how that works out.....There's gonna a be a bunch of dui's and people on paper getting thrown in jail that come from LA and could be carriers and not know it...what are they going to do with those people...?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
....It really bothers me how our freedoms are being stripped away over a virus that numbers-wise doesn't seem to be that much different than others we have seen in the past.....
And how readily the majority of people are to accept it. If within a matter of two weeks they can restrict your freedom of assembly, freedom of travel, freedom of association....what other freedoms can they just throw into the bonfire in the name of protecting the people from themselves? A lot of people die from guns. A lot of people die from dangerous words and mis-information spread by irresponsible people exercising their freedom of speech.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
At least we can communicate by net..they shut that down .....start hunkering down....I hope it never comes to that ...In russia maybe,lol...
The virus hasn't bloomed here yet ,but they are trying to do all they can do to isolate it and with people travelling every,business or not the spread of it IS going to happen....INDIA LOCKED down 2.3 billion people for 3 weeks.....And we think we have it tough.....

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And how readily the majority of people are to accept it. If within a matter of two weeks they can restrict your freedom of assembly, freedom of travel, freedom of association....what other freedoms can they just throw into the bonfire in the name of protecting the people from themselves? A lot of people die from guns. A lot of people die from dangerous words and mis-information spread by irresponsible people exercising their freedom of speech.
2018 FLORIDA TRAFFIC CRASH STATISTICS SUMMARY
2018 General Statistics Count
Total Crashes 403,626
Fatalities 3,135

Data from NHTSA
U.S. Totals:
36,560 people were killed in traffic crashes in 2018

From Florida DOH website:
Confirmed Cases Covid-19 in Florida Residents

]Deaths

3,135 deaths in Florida from traffic crashes. Almost 40,000 nationwide. No death is acceptable, right? So.... we should ban all vehicular travel, right? I mean that would reduce traffic fatalities to near zero, right? Why is that not done? Because it's too extreme and not reasonable, it would cripple our economy and way of life. Hmm. Wait.... what?

So what do we do... encourage people to be safe when they drive, take precautions, be wary of others who are not doing those things, enforce reasonable laws that go after those who are flagrantly ignoring everyone's safety, and accept a certain risk in living life. Sound familiar?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess I should look at the bright side... if I'm fishing a spot in the bay and another boat pulls up, I get to request they stay 50 feet away not just out of courtesy but by Executive Order! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
"Sir, have you recently traveled to the state of Louisiana?"

"As you may be aware, due to the ongoing National State of Emergency, we are authorized to review your movements based on your cellular network activity. Could you please provide your cellular device for review?"

"What was the nature of your recent visit to New Orleans?"

"Did you participate in any public events or did you associate with any individuals who may be infected or could potentially be a carrier of the (insert current crisis)?"

"Sir, as a potential treat to public safety, you are hereby being detained for a period of at least 14 days, under the authority of the Governor, in accordance with executive order....."

"Please proceed to the bus which will transport you to the designated quarantine area."

:001_huh:

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,845 Posts
MyFWC Florida Fish and Wildlife
5 hrs ·
Executive Order: Recreational Boating
Because COVID-19 continues to impact Florida, a new Executive Order has been enacted to reflect direction from Governor DeSantis, the DOH and the CDC. Effective immediately, all recreational boats must be at least 50 feet apart. Each recreational vessel must not have more than 10 people on board. Full details and additional proactive measures the FWC is implementing: https://bit.ly/2WGUKX8

Interesting that it says 'Recreational' ... not that many rec boats have 10 people anyway, that's more about larger charters, party boats, and headboats. Wonder what the rule is for them?

It really bothers me how our freedoms are being stripped away over a virus that numbers-wise doesn't seem to be that much different than others we have seen in the past. Also seems dumb that it's not on the front page of their own website, had to hunt a little to find it. https://myfwc.com/recreation/notices/covid-19/
You can cram quite a few bodies into a rental pontoon. We'll see what happens at Crab Island and Noriega Point here in Okaloosa.
They still "need" to anchor/beach next to each other. :rolleyes: See it on the webcam all the time.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
"Sir, have you recently traveled to the state of Louisiana?"

"As you may be aware, due to the ongoing National State of Emergency, we are authorized to review your movements based on your cellular network activity. Could you please provide your cellular device for review?"

"What was the nature of your recent visit to New Orleans?"

"Did you participate in any public events or did you associate with any individuals who may be infected or could potentially be a carrier of the (insert current crisis)?"

"Sir, as a potential treat to public safety, you are hereby being detained for a period of at least 14 days, under the authority of the Governor, in accordance with executive order....."

"Please proceed to the bus which will transport you to the designated quarantine area."
"However, if you'll just take this mark on your right hand or your forehead, you'll be able to travel freely and the government will provide food and all the toilet paper you can use."

I wonder if FWC has to stay fifty feet away from us?

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,064 Posts
Shut down at the mullet hole

Unless I'm not understanding this right it appears the E. O. will shut down more than one boat fishing at a mullet hole. Boats anchor just a few feet apart and line up along the bank.
Six feet between shoppers at Wal-Mart, but 50 feet between fishing boats.!!!

This is getting really crazy.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Rules and laws get created because some people take advantage or abuse the liberties of freedom at the expense of the rest of us.
The sooner we eliminate the virus, the sooner we can crowd each others private fishing spots again.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Rules and laws get created because some people take advantage or abuse the liberties of freedom at the expense of the rest of us.
The sooner we eliminate the virus, the sooner we can crowd each others private fishing spots again.
Exactly. Spring breakers caused locals to not be able to use the beaches. Even my relatives up north commented when they saw the beach photos of way too many kids on Florida beaches not adhering to the 10 people suggestion.

·
Constitution Conservative
2,560 Posts
At least we can communicate by net..they shut that down .....start hunkering down....I hope it never comes to that ...In russia maybe,lol...
The virus hasn't bloomed here yet ,but they are trying to do all they can do to isolate it and with people travelling every,business or not the spread of it IS going to happen....INDIA LOCKED down 2.3 billion people for 3 weeks.....And we think we have it tough.....
LMAO... India doesn't even have close to 2.3 billion people.
Not even China, the most populous country in the world, has anything close to 2 billion as they ONLY have 1.4 billion.
But India is set to surpass China's population by 2050 with an estimated 1.6 billion.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,845 Posts
Amazed "they" spread out at Crab Isle. Guess we'll see what happens when the tide starts dropping. This taken @12:45

crab2.JPG

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Man, some of y'all must be stocking up on tin foil rather than toilet paper. Nobody wants to take away our freedoms, they're just trying to prevent a disaster. When this is all over, we will still have the same freedoms that we had before this started.

I belong to another forum where there are some medical workers in some hard hit cities. They are posting some of their experiences. While it hasn't hit our part of Florida yet, it is wreaking havoc in some places.

Just because you haven't seen it yet doesn't mean that it isn't a danger. I might suggest that you get some news and views from someplace that challenges your position rather than reinforcing it.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Unless I'm not understanding this right it appears the E. O. will shut down more than one boat fishing at a mullet hole. Boats anchor just a few feet apart and line up along the bank.

If you're in your boat fishing, I bet they aren't going to say anything. This rule wasn't mean to stop what you're doing, but what the people do on sandbars.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

I guess this will end my mullet fishing for a while. 2 boats at the hole this afternoon and I stayed about 10' apart. One passerby commented that it looked like we were social distancing.

Lots of boats just cruising by today and let me tell you most have no respect for the fisherman who is tied up along the bank. They would come by me wide open sometimes from both ways at the same time and the wake would just about wash me onto the shore. I appreciate those that idled by. Then here comes the boat with the woman wearing the bikini waiving as the jerk she is with blows me out of the water.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts