Cooler: 25$
Rod holders: 20$
Epoxy & screws: 6$
The feeling when one of your plans actually works out: priceless

Attachments

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Have you put rods in it yet? We built the exact same setup, then moved the holder to the side on an angle. Too many back of head wacks.. ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used it on Sykes yesterday, works like a charm! I considered side mounts at an angle but I didn't want to cover up the handle for when I load and unload it

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah the plan was to go to pcola beach pier but by the time everything was ready we'd have a hour of daylight to fish, so instead of paying 7$ we went to sykes

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I use a similar red with white top rolling cooler. Able to load everything I need in and on top of it. I just carry the rods in my free hand. The only thing I don't take is the kitchen sink :yes:
Works perfect! +1 advice on the rod holders. A sinker or a loose flying hook to the head would not make for a good day. Fish on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
950 Posts
I did the same with mine a couple of years ago, still working great ! You may also want to add an aerator kit to it to use as a bait or livewell.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is a great idea. I saw one at Academy the other day. I can't remember the price, but it was a lot more than the cooler without the rod holders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts