Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my BGE gasket. In doing so my minor under bite now looks more atrocious than I care to look at. The local Ace Hardware gave me a set of the blue plastic pieces that fit between the dome and base but with the new gasket I installed, they will not work. I need the white plastic piece pictured below that goes on the hinge apparatus during assembly.

Does anyone have one laying around that they would be willing to part ways with for a few bucks, 6 pack of beer, etc..?
Located on the Eastern Shore but travel to Gulf Shores/OBA frequently

TIA!

·
Super Moderator
28,155 Posts
I'm sure if you write BGE, they'd send ya one free!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
That part may be hard to find. I just replaced the hinge-band assembly on mine. They switched hinge designs again, hence the blue spacers.
Have you tried Gulf Coast Tools in Foley? If they don't have it, they'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, my model egg is the "old" style hinge and will not work with the blue pieces. I did not know Gulf Coast Tool even sold BGE, but will hit them up. I have not emailed BGE yet, but it is on my list.

I went with a Rutland gasket which only utilizes one gasket on the base unlike the original two gasket design. I am interested to see how it works.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Not that you want to spend the money but the new style band/hinge mechanism is a vast improvement. Much easier to align. That and the upgraded nest were money well spent at my house.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am curious to see if you get rid of the under bite. I gave up on mine after changing gaskets last time. It was putting so much pressure on it it actually broke one of the hinge to band bolts. Of course you can’t source that locally so I emailed BGE. They sent a new hardware kit and since I said I was putting it on a new table with there ceramic feet, the tech said they don’t recommend those so I am sending you a table nest. That kind of customer service will keep me coming back.

That being said you may have luck emailing them. I never seen that tool, as I bought my egg from egg fest assembled.

Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We might be able to work out a loan, but you can’t keep ’em. I need to replace my gasket and will likely be needing them.
Let me know if you would be willing to loan them. I have no intentions to keep them, just need to make the adjustment and I don't foresee changing the gasket ever again.

I am curious to see if you get rid of the under bite. I gave up on mine after changing gaskets last time. It was putting so much pressure on it it actually broke one of the hinge to band bolts. Of course you can’t source that locally so I emailed BGE. They sent a new hardware kit and since I said I was putting it on a new table with there ceramic feet, the tech said they don’t recommend those so I am sending you a table nest. That kind of customer service will keep me coming back.

That being said you may have luck emailing them. I never seen that tool, as I bought my egg from egg fest assembled.

Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the problem is that stupid me tried to make minor adjustments without the tool and eyeballing it. Ultimately it made the problem worse. Even if you loosen the bands, there is still a TON of pressure on the hinge apparatus.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
etrade,
I have them, and can loan them, as long as you send them back when you are done. PM me an address, and I'll get them off to you. You can give me a refresher on how to use them when you are done. It's been so long, I can't remember. let me know,

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
etrade,
I have them, and can loan them, as long as you send them back when you are done. PM me an address, and I'll get them off to you. You can give me a refresher on how to use them when you are done. It's been so long, I can't remember. let me know,
You are a true hero, sir.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts