Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back.
Spent four nights up there. Nice place. We had a site right on the river and met some folks from NE Arkansas.
Remote, reminded me of camping on lake Norfork in Arkansas as a kid. Everybody had a boat.
It’s so remote they had a pay phone outside the bath house..
I’ll post a few pics later.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They have a pay phone!!
View of Claiborne Lock & Dam from our site.
View of the Alabama river from our site.
Lake Claiborne.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Do they have full hook`ups? Looks amazing. That will be a different style trip for the wife and I. We always try to find beachy parks, but that being on the river looks fantastic.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
We camp there all the time. Water and electric only, dump station. Wife and I love it up there.

·
Super Moderator
28,289 Posts
Looks like a nice place....Would have hated it this past week without sewer hooks though!!! Found out they plumbed my 5th wheel wrong and the shower goes into the black tank!!!! Had to empty my black tank almost daily!!!! It's in the shop being worked on now!!!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Wow Jason that sux.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do they have full hook`ups? Looks amazing. That will be a different style trip for the wife and I. We always try to find beachy parks, but that being on the river looks fantastic.
Virtually no TV reception unless you have a satellite dish. Even with that a lot of the sites are in heavy timber and getting a clear shot for a signal may be sketchy. Phone reception is not very good either. This place is remote.. Call and talk to them about the site before you book. Some of the old sites#50 thru 60 are not very good sites. The sites along Isaac creek have boat docks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
We loved it up there. We stayed in a tent on the creek side by a bath house. Left the boat in the water. Caught a few nice crappie.

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
Was my favorite place before we built the cabin. Always camped on the creek side and caught a lot of nice bluegill from the little docks at each site. Always lotsa nice folks there.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
just got back.

Spent four nights up there. Nice place. We had a site right on the river and met some folks from NE Arkansas.

Remote, reminded me of camping on lake Norfork in Arkansas as a kid.
I used to love fishing Norfork, the White River and other places up there as a kid also. Being from Alabama I was amazed at any water that clear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts