Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
kim...excellent points...i think my group who went to hopesdale last week practiced very good conservation...we kept only what our limit was...we new that 25 specks each after being cleaned would produce about 8 lbs of fish for each of us. now for me that is 2 dinners...my family can eat 1lb of capt wes' fried fish each. so we ate fresh fish once and we will eat another this week sometime.

as for picture taking what should we take that you would find to be exceptable?

i know you fish for red snapper...how many red snapper do you throw back everytime you go red snapper fishing? Kim you have to answer this question or every comment you make from this point will never be herd again from us recreational anglers.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Kim (12/8/2009)The intent was to be provocative in order to elicit the largest possible response. Ignoring something won't make it go away and we have a lot more problems heading our way as concerning our fisheries. My beliefs may not be the same as yours, however I really am concerned with the future of recreational fishing and I do believe that we need to give the general public an image of us that is palatable.

If I hadn't provoked a hatchet fight on the forum it never would have received over 4,000 views or had over 140 response posts. We as a group don't come together unless their is some base of hysteria that causes it. I'm happy that people are at least thinking about what has been in these posts by reading them.

Look at the post about next years fishing, that's a good example. The fishing closures of the SE Atlantic coast is going to have an impact on every aspect of Recreational and Commercial fishing through out the Gulf Coast but it's not a hot enough topic to get a lot of people to pay attention or notice it.

Our fisheries are going to see out of state people come in that normally would have gone to South/North Carolina or the East coast of Florida, we'll probably see some charter boats shift from the East coast to the West coast and we will definitely see thousands of recreational anglers haul their boats across the state to enjoy their sport on the West coast fisheries because they are open.

That's a big bag of mixed good and bad there. Sure it will boost the economy somewhat, it will keep some folks from going out of business. At the same time it's going to put a lot of extra fishing pressure on a limited fishery resource that wasn't planned on. I'm pretty sure it will affect our season lengths by having them close earlier than scheduled, it will put a lot more fishing pressure on the resources available and it may hurt us for next year.

So if I was to say hey guys, catching your limits is all fine and well but try not to post photo's that could be perceived that we are raping the oceans and estuaries, you would have told me the same thing you have already. Soft reasoning doesn't work here, the brick approach does because it generated the desired response. We need to become aware of what's going on with our recreational pastime, we need to become proactive with organized groups to ensure that there are watch dogs keeping an eye on the government regulating agencies, we need to bite the bullet and start practicing some conservation of our resources and we need to work on making our public image more PC to the general public.

Summary: Kim made a stupid post to make us all go "hmmmmmm".

BS.

Grow a pair and admit you made a mistake.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
There you go. AGAIN lumping we and us,.

quote "We as a group don't come together unless their is some base of hysteria that causes it. I'm happy that people are at least thinking about what has been in these posts by reading them."

"WE" have come together and you have heard"OUR" reply. Now, why don't "YOU" admit that you screwed up and stop with all the BS? "WE" don't subscribe to your philosophy, therefore, don't waste forum space.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Captain Wes. It's obvious that your not going to get an answer (by the way, those fresh fish were GREAT last Sunday, thanxxxx). I swore I wasn't going to continue with this madness, but this picture is more than appropriate for what has been posted on this thread. Is it getting hotter in here? I'm done..................

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
As long as I am a recreational angler and you are, then we, are a we, no matter if you like it or not, no matter if we agree on anything or not, "we" still are recreational anglers. I don't see myself becoming a commercial fisherman, so unless you are, then we are stuck with we, weather you like it or not. This is a public forum and as such I have exactly the same rights here as you or any other member of the forum. Nothing says that we have to conform to a specific train of thought to be here, the purpose of a forum is for the exchange of information and idea's.

It's unfortunate that it takes something so controversial in nature to get a large group of people to look at something, even if it is out of curiosity. Yes I believe that we should be more PC in the photo's we post, yes I believe that we should practice conservation and I believe that our fisheries are in trouble. That doesn't mean that every niche of fisheries are in trouble, but by and large most are. Something needs to be done and who is going to do it? If we as recreational anglers do nothing active on our own and wait for what ever happens, then the results of that will be on our heads. If we band together, voice ourselves to our elected officials, promote a positive image of ourselves, our sport and support organizations large enough and with enough money to fight for us at the Federal level it could still go either way for us, but at least we tried rather than wait like sheep.

If I hadn't poked the forum in the eye with a sharp stick, do you think there would have been over 5,000 hits on a post? If I hadn't done that it would be more likely to find the Devil Himself making snow balls than people here paying attention to a boring post. At least people have given it some thought. I don't think I have done anything to harm the recreational angler community other than draw a lot of ire towards myself. I'm happy that people have looked at these posts and perhaps have given it some serious thought.

If only a few people from this forum make an effort to help improve our image or practice a little conservationism, I think it has been well worth my time to kick a hornets nest and get the crap stung out of myself. I guess what I really want for Christmas is for people to start thinking past here and now and start looking towards the future. The recreational and commercial sectors want sustainable fisheries with the max limits. I don't believe that it is unreasonable to expect ourselves and the commercial sector to help get there.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
<H1 class=firstHeading id=firstHeading>Delusional disorder</H1><DIV id=bodyContent sizset="0" sizcache="0"><H3 id=siteSub>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</H3><DIV id=contentSub></DIV><DIV id=jump-to-nav>Jump to: navigation, search</DIV><TABLE class=infobox style="FONT-SIZE: 88%; WIDTH: 22em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.5em; TEXT-ALIGN: left" cellSpacing=5><TBODY><TR><TH style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 125%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: lightgrey; TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2>Delusional disorder</TH></TR><TR class=""><TD class="" style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2>Classification and external resources</TD></TR><TR class=""><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">ICD-10</TH><TD class="">F22.0</TD></TR><TR class=""><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">ICD-9</TH><TD class="">297.1</TD></TR><TR class=""><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">eMedicine</TH><TD class="">article/292991</TD></TR><TR class=""><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">MeSH</TH><TD class="">D012563</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><DIV class="rellink boilerplate seealso">See also: Delusion</DIV>

Delusional disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis denoting a psychotic mental disorder that is characterized by holding one or more non-bizarre delusions<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-0>[1]</SUP> in the absence of any other significant psychopathology. Non-bizarre delusions are fixed beliefs that are certainly and definitely false, but that could possibly be plausible, for example, someone who thinks he or she is under police surveillance. In order for the diagnosis to be made auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, although olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-DSM_1-0>[2]</SUP> To be diagnosed with delusional disorder, the delusion or delusions cannot be due to the effects of a drug, medication, or general medical condition, and delusional disorder cannot be diagnosed in an individual previously diagnosed with schizophrenia. A person with delusional disorder may be high functioning in daily life and may not exhibit odd or bizarre behavior aside from these delusions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic, grandiose, jealous, persecutory, somatic, and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtypes.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-DSM_1-1>[2]</SUP> Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders.<TABLE class=toc id=toc sizset="0" sizcache="0"><TBODY sizset="0" sizcache="0"><TR sizset="0" sizcache="0"><TD sizset="0" sizcache="0"><DIV id=toctitle><H2>Contents</H2><SPAN class=toctoggle>[hide]</DIV><UL><LI class="toclevel-1 tocsection-1"><SPAN class=tocnumber>1 <SPAN class=toctext>Indicators of a delusion <LI class="toclevel-1 tocsection-2"><SPAN class=tocnumber>2 <SPAN class=toctext>Features <LI class="toclevel-1 tocsection-3"><SPAN class=tocnumber>3 <SPAN class=toctext>Types <LI class="toclevel-1 tocsection-4"><SPAN class=tocnumber>4 <SPAN class=toctext>See also <LI class="toclevel-1 tocsection-5"><SPAN class=tocnumber>5 <SPAN class=toctext>References <LI class="toclevel-1 tocsection-6"><SPAN class=tocnumber>6 <SPAN class=toctext>Further reading <LI class="toclevel-1 tocsection-7"><SPAN class=tocnumber>7 <SPAN class=toctext>External links </LI>[/list]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><H2><SPAN class=editsection>[edit] <SPAN class=mw-headline id=Indicators_of_a_delusion>Indicators of a delusion</H2><TABLE class="vertical-navbox nowraplinks" style="CLEAR: right; BORDER-RIGHT: #aaa 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; BORDER-TOP: #aaa 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0.2em; FONT-SIZE: 88%; BACKGROUND: #f9f9f9; FLOAT: right; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; MARGIN: 0px 0px 1em 1em; BORDER-LEFT: #aaa 1px solid; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.4em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em; BORDER-BOTTOM: #aaa 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: center; border-spacing: 0.4em 0" cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.4em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.4em; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 145%; BACKGROUND: lightblue; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.3em">Psychology</TD></TR><TR><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.5em; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ccc 1px solid"><DIV class=center><DIV class=floatnone></DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0.2em">

History of psychology
Branches of psychology</DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #ccc 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 1.1em; BACKGROUND: #f0f0ff; PADDING-TOP: 0.5em">Basic science</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em">

Abnormal<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Behavioral neuroscience
Cognitive<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Developmental
Experimental<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Evolutionary
Mathematical<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Neuropsychology
Personality<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Positive
Psychophysics<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Social
</DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #ccc 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 1.1em; BACKGROUND: #f0f0ff; PADDING-TOP: 0.5em">Applied science</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em">

Clinical<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Educational
Forensic<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Health
Industrial and organizational
Occupational health
School<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Sport</DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #ccc 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 1.1em; BACKGROUND: #f0f0ff; PADDING-TOP: 0.5em">Lists</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.2em">

Outline<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Publications
Topics<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">· Therapies</DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: #ccc 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 1.1em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.5em; PADDING-TOP: 0.5em">Portal</TD></TR><TR><TD><DIV class="noprint plainlinks navbar" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: xx-small; BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><SPAN title="View this template">v<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 80%">?<SPAN title="Discuss this template">d<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 80%">?<SPAN title="Edit this template">e</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The following can indicate a delusion:<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-isbn0-521-58180-X_2-0>[3]</SUP>
  1. <LI>The patient expresses an idea or belief with unusual persistence or force. <LI>That idea appears to exert an undue influence on his or her life, and the way of life is often altered to an inexplicable extent. <LI>Despite his/her profound conviction, there is often a quality of secretiveness or suspicion when the patient is questioned about it. <LI>The individual tends to be humorless and oversensitive, especially about the belief. <LI>There is a quality of centrality: no matter how unlikely it is that these strange things are happening to him, the patient accepts them relatively unquestioningly. <LI>An attempt to contradict the belief is likely to arouse an inappropriately strong emotional reaction, often with irritability and hostility. <LI>The belief is, at the least, unlikely, and out of keeping with the patient's social, cultural and religious background. <LI>The patient is emotionally over-invested in the idea and it overwhelms other elements of his or her psyche. <LI>The delusion, if acted out, often leads to behaviors which are abnormal and/or out of character, although perhaps understandable in the light of the delusional beliefs. <LI>Individuals who know the patient will observe that his or her belief and behavior are uncharacteristic and alien. </LI>
<H2><SPAN class=editsection>[edit] </H2></DIV>

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Reminds of the guy on the hunting forum last year that got on here and bragged about killing a deer with his muzzleloader the day after the season closed and when he got called out on it said it was just part of an experiment to see what kind of responses he would get for some kind of psychology class or some bullcrap like that. Different screen name but same result...just stand up and sayyou screwed up. This incident nor the one I mentioned abovewas for provoking thoughtit was just some made up bunch ofcrap you dreamed up.:nonono

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just a few facts on where these fish were caught:

The Breton-Chandeleur Sound Area (BCSA) is a large, shallow marine bay protected by the Chandeleur Islands. Presently it is more than 500,000 acres in size, but as the mainland marshes and Chandeleur Islands continue to erode, the Breton and Chandeleur Sounds will enlarge.

This protected expanse of shallow water is rich in biological resources and contains productive beds of SAV. Commercially important estuarine and marine species such as red drum, spotted seatrout, Gulf menhaden, brown shrimp and white shrimp are found in the Breton-Chandeleur Sound. The Sound is a popular destination for recreational fishing. Federally listed endangered species found in the Sound include the Gulf sturgeon and the loggerhead and Kemp's Ridley sea turtles. The threatened brown pelican can also be commonly found throughout this area. Most fish and shellfish populations are projected to continue a steady population through 2050, as are most bird populations in the area.

Maybe they will have a better solution by 2050...but fornow...25 fish per angler!!!!!!!!they can't keep you from fishing... just keeping... doesn't bother meif i can't bringbring them home!!!!I'm still going to have a good time!!!!!

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you have yours and I have mine. What did it take to get over 5,000 hits on any other post ??

I'm hoping that at least a few people have read all the posts and make their own choice of what to do concerning our recreational sport.

·
Registered
807 Posts
kim...how many fish do you keep when you go fishing?

how many red snapper do you throw back to get your limit?

what do you do when you get a 25lb red snapper?

what do you do when to catch a 40lb amberjack?

how many dolphins (mai mai)would u keep if you were in a school of say 200 and they were all 2 pounders?

again did we use good conservation practices when we went to hopesdale LA?

·
Registered
308 Posts

The way i see it thereare three anglers...can they eat all this fish at one time? looks like 70+ LBS!!!!!

probably not... if you post a justifiction for this...YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN.....US!!!! so cry to someone else!!!!!

KIM picturedright...is that a frown on his face or does he feel GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Maybe I will start another post staring the one and only KIM!!!!!and maybe i will become a grouper status with 5000 hits!!!!

NOW I'M DONE!!!!!!!:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto

·
Registered
148 Posts
155sprtfsh!!!!

Everything you type!!!!

Does not soundmore convincing!!!!

Just because you put 10 exclamation points after a statement!!!!!!

:poke:poke:poke:poke:poke:poke:poke

161 - 175 of 175 Posts