Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
troutslayer (12/4/2009)Interesting mix of opinions in the forum. I have have spent my life hunting and fishing around the Southeast. I have traveled to Arkansas to hunt ducks. When I was there, I shot my limit. If you look at the picture of the people posing with the ducks, it looks like I killed 21 ducks. Not quite, I shot my limit. I participated withing the letter of the law but maximized my travel experience. The picture was not captioned to say how many people were involved, how far they traveled or how much they spent for this experience. When I go to Georgia to hunt quail. I also shoot my limit. If I am deer hunting in Mississippi, I don't pass up the 10 point deer just because a 4 point may have enough meat. We have no idea who, how many or for what purpose these fish were caught. If, however, they were within the law, these guys had a great trip and as fellow sportsmen we should share in their success.

Most of all, I would like to agree with the spirit of the initial posts. This forum, and all others like it, should be for fellowship and the sharing of ideas. It should make our sport better. It should not be an online forum gossipy school girls (I will admit I have enjoyed some of the cat fights). Everyone has a right to their own opinion but why not take inventory of that opinion before you post. Is it positive for the forum or is sarcasm being petty jealousy's little friend.

My two cents. Sometimes we may just have to agree to disagree
Ummmm ducks

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
lsucole (12/4/2009)... Back home in La., it is a 2-3 hr. drive to get to a fishing location for most people who actually live in south La....
Not if you you move down da road toda parish.Saint Bernard. :poke

·
Registered
308 Posts
Kim i think you need to refund some of our money....the Capt cut us short this time...THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

NOW DON'T YOU FILL BAD!!!!!!

Tom,Wes,Bill and Ken not pictured!!!!conservation at it's BEST!!!!!!!

Damn im good at photo shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 4, 2009

·
Registered
37 Posts
155SprtFsh (12/4/2009)Kim i think you need to refund some of our money....the Capt cut us short this time...THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

NOW DON'T YOU FILL BAD!!!!!!

Tom,Wes,Bill and Ken not pictured!!!!conservation at it's BEST!!!!!!!

Damn im good at photo shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 4, 2009

LMFAO!!!!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Hi Ken, Thanks for getting those pics up ASAP..... To all concerned we JUST got back (Friday 12/4/09) from Louisiana after a 50 / 50 shot at some good fishing with Captain Dugas.....These are todays results in some of the worst inshore fishing conditions I have ever experienced.With the weather that blew through, we just weren't sure. As you can see, The GREAT Captain pulled through again....... Ken will be posting more pictures and more of the story in the appropriate section very soon. Thanks again Captain Dugas, Captain Wes Rozier, Ken Canady, Bill, (I'm the goof in the middle of the second picture) and the good Lord for making this possible................... We are ALL worn out, and calling it a day!........ Needless to say,,,,,, TIGHT LINES........................ T :bowdown

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I looked up the PETA site yesterday, have never done that before you guys talked about it here. It turns out that they have over 1,700 sites dedicated to stopping us from enjoying the sport of recreational fishing. Does it really matter to me if you catch your limit or not? Not at all, I just recommend a little conservation in the process.

Since you guys post these pics on public forum's without copyright or trademark protection, that means anyone can take them off the public forums and use them for what ever they choose. Imagine how you would feel if you came online one day and found yourselves the poster children of some PETA anti-fishing campaign.

A quote from today's paper "Any frontal attack on ignorance is bound to fail because the masses are always ready to defend their most precious possession, their ignorance." Hendrik Willem van Loon

Kim

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Kim (12/7/2009)I looked up the PETA site yesterday, have never done that before you guys talked about it here. It turns out that they have over 1,700 sites dedicated to stopping us from enjoying the sport of recreational fishing. Does it really matter to me if you catch your limit or not? Not at all, I just recommend a little conservation in the process.

Since you guys post these pics on public forum's without copyright or trademark protection, that means anyone can take them off the public forums and use them for what ever they choose. Imagine how you would feel if you came online one day and found yourselves the poster children of some PETA anti-fishing campaign.

A quote from today's paper "Any frontal attack on ignorance is bound to fail because the masses are always ready to defend their most precious possession, their ignorance." Hendrik Willem van Loon

Kim

So are we suspose to go catch and release everything? the state and federal goverment put limits in according to the resources, if the state of Louisana felt that 25 trout per person per day was overfishing the resources then they would lower it, if you feel that it is being overfished then please by all means write them a letter and be sure to include where you are from and currently live..

and arent you the same wack job that was complaining about people fishing your dock and ruining your view while you drank coffee?

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Kim (12/7/2009)I looked up the PETA site yesterday, have never done that before you guys talked about it here. It turns out that they have over 1,700 sites dedicated to stopping us from enjoying the sport of recreational fishing. Does it really matter to me if you catch your limit or not? Not at all, I just recommend a little conservation in the process.

Kim
i am so glad we have you and hendrik willem van loon-a-tick to keep our ignorant azzez straight

·
Registered
943 Posts
Kim (12/7/2009)
I don't know about everyone else but I would be proud to be the Poster Child for PETA's anti-fishing campaign pictured with a mess of fish like that, but my luck the only poster I will end up on is a "America's Most Wanted Poster" or advertisement for birth control. :doh

·
Registered
308 Posts

I THOUGHT YOU DIDN'T POST DESCRIMINATING EVIDENCE...PICTURE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF...

Did you buy that wood or did you cut it down?

(SAVE A TREE)

Do you have the proper emissions on your fire place or did you poll you neighbors to see if they cared?

Or did you stink up the ladyslaundry hanging on the line next door?

GET A LIFE MAN AND GROW A SACK

LIFE's A bitch and Then You die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or do you beleive in religion?

Is that your opinion or is that what your parents taught YOU

OR MAYBE 1 to many BEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I wouldn't mind at all if each of you posted rebuttals in any sort of reasonable manner, but all of the what if's and the other BS which is about all you can come up with sure can't convince me to change my mind.

Kim

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Kim (12/7/2009)I wouldn't mind at all if each of you posted rebuttals in any sort of reasonable manner, but all of the what if's and the other BS which is about all you can come up with sure can't convince me to change my mind.

Kim

Remember we didnt start the fire:doh so dont complain about something you started

121 - 140 of 175 Posts