Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
ESN is the electronic serial number. A bad esn is a esn that has been compromised in some way and can no longer be used in the Verizon net work. The two main reasons for a compromised esn are insurance claims to get another phone which renders the original esn useless, or theft of a mobile device. Either way you would not be able to use with verizon...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mh you nailed that for me. I was getting. Ton of questions about it. Thank you. Yes I thought I lost the phone I have for sale and the. I found it in a car I don't drive I paid $140.00 to replace the phone through Verizon warranty program. To me it's just a iPod now, but to the right person they can make the phone work again. I am not exactly sure how. However it can be done.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
He said he lost it then found it. At that point the esn was no good deeming the phone useless. Their is no reason for him to contact the insurance company... And yes this is why replacement cost is so high.... It's called making a claim:thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Outside 9 I assume you have never misplaced anything in your life! I paid the high replacement cost it was 140-160 I honestly don't remember the cost I paid, but it was really high! If you were to put my new refurbished insurance replacement phone right beside my old " lost for 3 days non refurbished phone" you could not tell the difference there is not a scratch on either one. With that being said I would love to call the insurance company and get my money back, but unfortunately for me it just does not work that way. The monthly fee's for insurance and then the deductibles are probably so high due to the cost of the phone did you ever think of that? They are basically your old PC that is sitting in a corner somewhere collecting dust.

I feel you made a BOLD STATEMENT on my character that was unjust since you did not k ow the whole situation. Imagine being without a phone for 3 days. Well actually that sounds great to me piece and quite! However I have to have a phone for my business!

Sorry you feel like I am part of the reason smartphone replacements cost so much that was not my intention at all.

Josh

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Imagine being without a phone for 3 days.
Josh
I had to laugh when I saw this. Josh , you must be a young guy.
Two of the best years of my youth were spent in Turkey. We had no phone (there were no cells back then and we had no house phone), no TV and no radio. I made some of the best friends of my life because we actually visited and talked to each other.
Not a dig against you , just struck me funny.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol

I said it actually sounds quite nice also, but in my line on business. It can't happen.

No offense taken I wish I did not have a phone tied to my hip almost 24/7.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Belcher is a stand up guy I guarantee you he didn't purposely file a fraudulent ins claim that his phone was legitimately lost I'm starting to think forsale post should not be able to have comments left on them just simply a add no opinions necessary!

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
He said he lost it then found it. At that point the esn was no good deeming the phone useless. Their is no reason for him to contact the insurance company... And yes this is why replacement cost is so high.... It's called making a claim:thumbsup:
So when yo damage your phone beyond rapair, why do they send you an envelope to return the old one?

If you find a phone, should you not turn it in because the old owner probably filed a claim? What should one do?

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
So when yo damage your phone beyond rapair, why do they send you an envelope to return the old one?

If you find a phone, should you not turn it in because the old owner probably filed a claim? What should one do?
Kind of a tricky one. You pay insurance per month then you pay for replacement phone. Either way you look at it the phone company wins. I see both points.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
dr0belcher

I'm man enough to say I may have made the original statement the wrong way. So I deleted the part that was wrong. I have 5 phones with Verizen and yes I pay a lot of insurance claims. My son has damaged one and lost one within 12 months, so he is cut off by the insurance company.

If you contacted the insurance company and they did not want it back then cool

Let me apologize for my comment.

Thanks

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
dr0belcher

I'm man enough to say I may have made the original statement the wrong way. So I deleted the part that was wrong. I have 5 phone with Verizen and yes I pay a lot of insurance claims. My son has damaged one and lost one within 12 months, so he is cut off by the insurance company.

If you contacted the insurance company and they did not want ti back then cool

Let me apologize for my comment.

Thanks

Of course they are gonna want it back and if you feel like that is the right ting to do then send yours back. That being said I will keep mine and try and recoup the money I had to put out to get a replacement just like what is going on here.. Don't come on here judging people... If you needed a phone I bet you wouldn't hesitate to buy it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts