Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have decided that i will switch 2 a 7' stiff action conolon 1 pc with a penn 440 and 20# braid 4 specks n reds the purpose of the switch is 2 elimenate a leader so i need a braid with low visibility so as not 2 spook em. suggestions?

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
Invisibraid is the best casting braid I have found but I still use a fluoro leader of about 3'.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm maybe i am trying 2 eliminate a necessary step and should stay with my 6' 430 and 10# with leader? i know easier isnt always better but i sure would like to eliminate a leader a lot of the pins i catch are 2 - 3 inches and of course i lose castability with mono:banghead

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha ha ha thats funny lobster i was only using the term as a question had no idea that it was an actual braid so where is it available ( invisibraid ) ?

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
It is Ultracast invisibraid. Google it and you will see I am telling the truth.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Outcast carries the Invisibraid. I have been using it in the 30 to 50 pound test on my spinners. I put some ten pound test on a small boca to use for black snapper. It is not invisible though by any means. It looks white on your spool. You will need to use a flouro or mono leader when you are inshore fishing for sure. It is good stuff. I usually use tuf line or Stren Super braid but the "invisible" thing caught my eye. I am glad I tried it though. Still like the Berkley Fireline for inshore fishing. They have a version they call crystal that is much more invisible than the invisibraid. Still have to use that leader though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Had some 15lb Invisibraid on my Stadic for over two years and it was the best stuff I have ever used. Definitely worth the large amount of money. I never bothered with a leader for specks and never had a problem. Only time I'd use a leader was for toothy fish.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right on jo bag o thats what i wanted 2 hear! so 20# invisibraidwithout a leader is no problem then? so bass pro is tha place 2 go or does anyone know if it is available locally?:clap

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
our bay stays pretty dirty. saying that you may get lucky and catch a fish or to with out a leader (straight braid). no way would i fish without one unless im fishing mono which i dont. learn the knot and it will become second nature. thats the only reason i can think of you not wanting to use one. cant be that lazy :banghead. if you dont believe me we can fish in my boat or yours and i guarantee i will out fish you. all because of the leader.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey dailey ha ha er uh yeah actually it is laziness well kinda i guess just trying 2 minimize gear er uh ok nope just lazy:doh

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
should add however that i wont let the action suffer wich is what im mostly hearing is going to happen so i might just stay with the 10# and use a leader

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
iswim2fish (1/18/2010)hey dailey ha ha er uh yeah actually it is laziness well kinda i guess just trying 2 minimize gear er uh ok nope just lazy:doh
no prob on the lazy thing i understand.

i used to tie on my leader at the house. first cast ...snap

then i would go with the smallest swivel i could find.

leader material is just as important as the hook. imo

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
for light stuff tie a spider hitch in the braid to double it and then an albright with a 3 turn uni lock. Piece of cake.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
lobsterman (1/18/2010)for light stuff tie a spider hitch in the braid to double it and then an albright with a 3 turn uni lock. Piece of cake.
Thats what im talking about!!

use utube. you canwatch andtie at the same time.pause or rewind . as many beer breaks as needed.

thats how i learned

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts